I'm looking for bombsight for the B-52G and other bombers. Some of you have pointed out that the B-52 never used an actual sight its always been radar. However I have the urge to blow stuff up from thirty thousand feet and I dont have either a radar sight or a norden sight.

I've tried employing the sight mods but I cant even find the necessary files to make the changes. All the files that are available for me to change are the stock aircraft files and that bites becasue the extracting program(or vista period) will not detect the .CAT files of the installed mods. Im decent at guessing where the bombs need to go but Im always off by a few yards however I really would like to get the sight working and I'm wondering just what the heck am I doing wrong.

BTW I've tried to do everything according to the readme files however there isnt much I can do until I can find, extract, and edit the proper files. I've spent four frustraiting hours on tyring to get these things to work and Im on the verge of loosing my mind

All the files that are available for me to change are the stock aircraft files and that bites becasue the extracting program(or vista period) will not detect the .CAT files of the installed mods.

Ok, you've mentioned Vista, so we know which operting system you're dealing with. Now, which series title is it? That will tell us which cat extractor to use.

OK,

First, in Vista, try running the editors from the desktop.

Secondly, where did you install WOE? With Vista and Windows 7, the preferred path seems to be C:\Wings over Europe, as opposed to C:\Program FilesXX\Wings Over Europe.

Also, I suggest that you take a moment and read through this: http://combatace.com/topic/34221-running-any-thirdwire-sim-in-windows-vista-by-usafmtl-column5-jtin/

Edited by Fubar512

WOE was installed in C:\Programs Files(86)\Wings of Europe.

The mods I installed are in this file too but, Im going to use the advice in the information you've provided and put a file on the desktop.

Edited by Skyviper

WOE was installed in C:\Programs Files(86)\Wings of Europe.

The mods I installed are in this file too but, Im going to use the advice in the information you've provided and put a file on the desktop.

That's an issue right there. Never install a game into the Program Files folder of Vista or Win 7. I suggest that you uninstall it, reinstall it either into a Folder on C:\Drive, or even better yet, try this:

Install it using the following path: C:\Users\(YOUR NAME)\Saved Games\Thirdwire\Wings Over Europe

Edited by Fubar512

Okay I'll try that