Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Brit's make worlds strongest beer ($762 per bottle)

NEW YORK: A British firm has launched a 110% proof beer, which is the world's strongest, selling it at $762 per bottle.

The blond Belgian ale, named The End of History, is an astonishing 55 percent alcohol by volume (ABV) and is presented in a case made from stuffed animals, including stoats and squirrels.

The beer, made by BrewDog, based in Scotland, is infused with fresh juniper berries and nettles from the Scottish Highlands and was developed using an extreme freezing technique.

The process involved using hundreds of pints of beer, and it was repeated dozens of times to produce just enough for a 330 millilitre bottle.

"This is the beer to end all beers," the New York Post quoted James Watt, the company's co-founder, as saying.

Watt said The End of History was made to offer beer drinkers more choice.

"We want to show people there is an alternative to monolithic corporate beers, introduce them to a completely new approach to beer and elevate the status of beer in our culture," he added.

He said the first two bottles were sold to a beer fan in Denmark.

Strongest and one of the most expensive.

:yikes:

Probably tastes crap too I suspect

Aren't these the same guys who made Tactical Nuclear Penguin?

FC

Wow! I LUV exotic beers. I must try that sometime...after I win the lottery...

I would think at 55% alcohol you wouldn't notice the taste, but just the aftertaste. :biggrin:

bier-das-schorschbock-ist-das-derzeit-staerkste-bier-der-welt-foto-hersteller-.jpg

There is a senseless competition between a scottish and a bavarian brewery, which can brew the strongest beer in the world.

Doesn't compute for me. $762 per bottle! That's about 108 pints of Guinness at my local pub.