Sign in to follow this  
VONTOBLER

New Skins for FE2

I know it's summer and I hope everyone is having a great one,but I was wondering if anyone is working on some new skins for the game. Please dont get me wrong I am truly thankful for all of the great skins and developers hard work, I just love logging on and seeing the great skins produced on here.

Yours Respectfully,

VonTobler

I've got about six differnt skins I've been working on and updating my older downloads. But also some other FE2 mods at the same time. So I dont know what to finish first. Do you have a particular skin, or two, in mind. I'd like to help if I can.:salute:

I've got about six differnt skins I've been working on and updating my older downloads. But also some other FE2 mods at the same time. So I dont know what to finish first. Do you have a particular skin, or two, in mind. I'd like to help if I can.:salute:

Hi Quack,

Thanks for answering my post,your work here has helped make First Eagles a great sim. Any skins you complete would be welcome , I recall your were working on some SE5a skins,60th group

I believe, I am not very particular,all your work has been great, I just miss coming on here and seeing new skins from you and all the other members. I certainly hope this does'nt sound selfish ,I would love to learn how to do skins myself, again thanks for answering and I look forward to any new skins you release.

Yours Respectfully,

VonTobler

Thanks for the compliments. I'm still working on those No.60Sqn SE5's. I just have to make the correct flight lettering decal .tga's. Also I've created a way to use the German national insignias (iron crosses) without the white borders for the Pfalz D.III's. It's all done with new nations added to the Nations.ini files. So I've been busy with things.

But the big project I've been working on is an Austrian-Italian campaign. It uses the Vogesen terrain made by Gepard. It's the only one with mountains. It's a beautiful terrain. I installed Jan Tumas terrain upgrade. What a difference. It's now even better. Gepard has been helping me out with some details. But my point is I've been doing a whole bunch of skins for the the available Austrian and Italian aircraft. I'm using planes like the AlbatrosD3Oef from Skunkworks. The Hansa-Brandenburg, the PhonixKD1, Savoia Pamilio SP.3 and the Caproni Ca.3 by Laton. The Ansaldo SVA5 also by Laton. All three Hanroit models. RAF Camel squadrons No.45, No.28, No.66, and No.139. F2b's of No.139 Sqn too. A few SPAD 7's and 13's. So on and so on. So I've been busy. When it's all done I'd like to share with everyone. I'll try to include all the skins needed. I'll post a bunch of WIP pics when I get back to my PC.

I hope some of you will be intersested in this campaign and skins. We need more Austrian or Italian aircraft. Especially 2-seaters. I used the DFWC5 and AvaitikC1. Even the GothaGIV with Austrian camo. It looks great so far:good:

Thanks for the compliments. I'm still working on those No.60Sqn SE5's. I just have to make the correct flight lettering decal .tga's. Also I've created a way to use the German national insignias (iron crosses) without the white borders for the Pfalz D.III's. It's all done with new nations added to the Nations.ini files. So I've been busy with things.

But the big project I've been working on is an Austrian-Italian campaign. It uses the Vogesen terrain made by Gepard. It's the only one with mountains. It's a beautiful terrain. I installed Jan Tumas terrain upgrade. What a difference. It's now even better. Gepard has been helping me out with some details. But my point is I've been doing a whole bunch of skins for the the available Austrian and Italian aircraft. I'm using planes like the AlbatrosD3Oef from Skunkworks. The Hansa-Brandenburg, the PhonixKD1, Savoia Pamilio SP.3 and the Caproni Ca.3 by Laton. The Ansaldo SVA5 also by Laton. All three Hanroit models. RAF Camel squadrons No.45, No.28, No.66, and No.139. F2b's of No.139 Sqn too. A few SPAD 7's and 13's. So on and so on. So I've been busy. When it's all done I'd like to share with everyone. I'll try to include all the skins needed. I'll post a bunch of WIP pics when I get back to my PC.

I hope some of you will be intersested in this campaign and skins. We need more Austrian or Italian aircraft. Especially 2-seaters. I used the DFWC5 and AvaitikC1. Even the GothaGIV with Austrian camo. It looks great so far:good:

Wow! You are busy. I think working on the Italian front is great news, we need a new "Front" to fly on. Good luck on this project and keep us posted with a few photos.

VonTobler

The Austrians sound interesting, Quack. But, you know what I'm waiting for. :rofl: Wish I had the time to learn G-Max. I could at least offer the real modders a headstart model to use. I need to win a lottery, so I can dispense with real life. Well, I can dream, can't I? :lol:

Heck, are you waiting for those Jasta 10 Pfalz D.III's???? If that's what you're talking about, I forgot about those. I was working on that Nations.ini for the Pfalz National markings. I didnt want to release anymore German planes without finishing the Nations.ini first. All the Pfalz D.III's will use it. Same with the new Austrian skins. But I'll get it all out this coming week.

Heck, are you waiting for those Jasta 10 Pfalz D.III's???? If that's what you're talking about, I forgot about those. I was working on that Nations.ini for the Pfalz National markings. I didnt want to release anymore German planes without finishing the Nations.ini first. All the Pfalz D.III's will use it. Same with the new Austrian skins. But I'll get it all out this coming week.

Now this is the best news I have had in weeks, thanks Quack thanks Heck.

VonTobler

How about a Steve Savage the Balloon Buster skin to go with the Enemy Ace one? If I knew how to do it, I'd take the French Tan skin, and on the fuselage side put two crossed six-shooters in a blue oval. Then just select the USAS markings in the game selections to put on the roundels.

Isnt that from a comic book?

Isnt that from a comic book?

Yes, it is. Back in the 1960s (here I go showing my age), DC Comics came out with the Enemy Ace, Hans Von Hammer. Later they came out with Steve Savage, an American pilot based on Frank Luke, the Balloon Buster. His motif was a set of crossed six shooters in a blue oval on the side of his Spad. Colorizing wasn't as sophisticated as it is now- his Spad- in fact all American Spads- were colored yellow. That's why I opted for French Tan 1.

I have tried to find a picture of it, but haven't had any luck. I still have some of those comics, but they're in storage. Since we have a Von Hammer skin, I'd like to see a Steve Savage skin. Here's what I'm using now.

42e41391752141.jpg

71a20291752143.jpg