Sign in to follow this  
MoonGoose

Flaming Cliffs 2. The most difficult.

Well after 250 manual pages and several hours flying MiG-29S and various Su-27, i still get beaten hard by Falcons and Vipers...

their RCS give me hard times in detecting em from range... i can evade AIM-120s most of the times but they do the same with my payload... and more than one time i got scared to hell when they pop in my six without ever gettin a blip on the RWR.

but doing a stealth attack with radar off the whole mission using only the IRST sensors and infrared missiles is priceless.

terrains are really good, clouds too, sounds amazing but afterburner effect sucks.

it's really worth the price... best modern fighter sim ever..

there is a nice mission builder but lacks the wonderful random mission generator that thirdwire sims have.

default missions aren't so bad... the best one is the CAP over the caucasus mountains... lot of hideaways for hit and run.

well i really can't spot F-16 on radar .. is damn hard..

That's why I stopped playing and stuck with SF2.

Well after 250 manual pages and several hours flying MiG-29S and various Su-27, i still get beaten hard by Falcons and Vipers...

their RCS give me hard times in detecting em from range... i can evade AIM-120s most of the times but they do the same with my payload... and more than one time i got scared to hell when they pop in my six without ever gettin a blip on the RWR.

but doing a stealth attack with radar off the whole mission using only the IRST sensors and infrared missiles is priceless.

terrains are really good, clouds too, sounds amazing but afterburner effect sucks.

it's really worth the price... best modern fighter sim ever..

there is a nice mission builder but lacks the wonderful random mission generator that thirdwire sims have.

default missions aren't so bad... the best one is the CAP over the caucasus mountains... lot of hideaways for hit and run.

well i really can't spot F-16 on radar .. is damn hard..

The smaller the target the closer it gets(which is what happens). The mission editor is s problem and ED is working to give us more functionality(hopefully soon). This is a nice sim. and will be getting better. I think ED has or will be giving a couple of slots for 3D models. If you think this one's tough, just try and fly(only)DCS-BS, KA-50 is one tough helio. Look for the DCS-BS A10A modual to be released, this is going to be a very nice a/c to fly and fully clickable,6dof cockpit. FC2.0 gives you the functionality to fly the fast movers with DCS-BS and makes for some very exciting on line flying. Can't imagine giving up flying this sim. but to each his own. Have fun flying regardless of sim. Cheers.

Pete

The A-10C is the one coming out soon. I don't even know if the A-10A is still planned or not.

The A-10C is the one coming out soon. I don't even know if the A-10A is still planned or not.

Now I know why they call you JediMaster.LOL. Your are correct it is the A-10C. Maybe I was dreaming again.LOL

AS for A-10A,don't think it is on any to do list. Thanks for the correction. Cheers.

Pete

I'll only be happy when DCS has every plane in it that I have in my modded SF games. :grin:

I'll only be happy when DCS has every plane in it that I have in my modded SF games. :grin:

Well,that could be a while.LOL.However, one must remember DCS is a different sim. Close as one will get to a real flight sim.( the million plus ones). To be honest with you, I have never looked at the SF series. I know of it and have seen screen shots but that is as far as it gets. I am in no position to say good or bad. I do know that there are a lot of people that truly enjoy SF. I have been with the Flanker series almost from the start and have continued with it to present day. DCS-BS for a helio is awesome and I think as the different modules come out with fixed wing a/c it will be fantastic. I think most people have their favorite flight sims and that's perfect. Keeps Companies in business who support such a small percentage of the simulation market. The main thing about flight sims. is to enjoy them. Cheers, Master. Have a great day. :bye:

Pete

Edited by rattler1

the thing i really love about FC2 is the challenging AI and how good the russian birds are done..

EDIT:

i'm startin to know how to better use the sensors... i just love the stealth kills with IRST + R27ET combo... but i still suck in dogfight. need to study some dogfight tactic maneuvering.

only thing is that i need something better than mine E6600@3200, HD 4870 and 2Gb DDR2. FPS drops a lot near ground combat zones.

Edited by MoonGoose

I never really played much Flanker, but I played a good bit of Flanker 2 and 2.5 until LOMAC came out. I've been flying LOMAC and its upgrades since release and I just wish they'd done more planes for it. DCS is a grade higher in complexity and realism, but I had no problem with the level LOMAC modeled.

LOMAC has always suffered slowdowns over battlefields, I think it's the smoke from the various weapons and destroyed units largely followed by the units themselves. I know some missions I've played have a ton of friendly units at the airfield you start at and the going is a bit slow until you're away from there. The engine actually cares how many units are present in a given mission as well. You can sit at an empty airbase on the runway and have 2 totally different frame rates depending on whether there are lots of units miles away or the world is empty except for you.

Yes, Jedi that is what lockon does. It tries to cover a lot of area and everything that is going on. This is one of the issues that we wish were addressed. We would like to see something like zones, if you are in a zone then it will address everything in that area but not over the whole map. When you enter another zone or area then that one gets picked up. Just an idea, there are several ideas that would be useful in cutting down the work load of your system than what is currently going on.

To answer Mongoose this is probably why it takes such a heavy computer to handle lockon, and sometimes they even struggle in certain situations. Some people will say turn down the effects,scenes and textures but I personally have an issue with that. You buy a product to enjoy what it has to offer not turn things off. Lockon and DCS-BS series are great sims. but yes there should be a better way of designing the Combats so your system does not come to a crawl.

Yes smoke is a big FPS hit for sure, so are shadow renderings and clouds. I am hopeful that somewhere down the line ED takes a look at how much terrain gets used. If they find a way not to have soooo much going on at one time that our computers will be able to handle the workload and game play can be as it should. Lockon is not the only sim that suffers this issue. FSX graphics are a real killer for them. Beautiful scenery but at a price. Anyway we try and enjoy what we have and hope for better.

Great talking with all of you.

Pete

the thing i really love about FC2 is the challenging AI and how good the russian birds are done..

EDIT:

i'm startin to know how to better use the sensors... i just love the stealth kills with IRST + R27ET combo... but i still suck in dogfight. need to study some dogfight tactic maneuvering.

only thing is that i need something better than mine E6600@3200, HD 4870 and 2Gb DDR2. FPS drops a lot near ground combat zones.

Trade ya? I have a quad core 2.4, 8800GT and 4 gigs of RAM. I get 25+ FPS on the ground and above 30 in the air. I like flying the Su-33 cause of that reason also, plus you can land on a carrier.

Trade ya? I have a quad core 2.4, 8800GT and 4 gigs of RAM. I get 25+ FPS on the ground and above 30 in the air. I like flying the Su-33 cause of that reason also, plus you can land on a carrier.

seems i fixed the fps somehow.. i had the CPU at 333FSB... think there is a hole/bug in that specific NB strap. So i raised from 333 to 360FSB (clock 3240MhZ) and seems much better... now im in 1680x1050 with high details (not maxed) and runs smooth even in a ramp start with lot of traffic.

i'm ordering other 2Gb RAM because sometimes swap happens and i hate that.

Anyway luckly managed to get a lock on a F-16 from 35 miles... so a fast climb to 30k feet to have a longer firing range with the R-77, fired that and got that kill... the second F-16 shot me a pair of amraams and luckly evaded em with a 3-9, but i got killed when that falcon caught me in gun range dogfight (where i do the worst of me :grin: ).

but there are replacement afterburner effects? the stock one just suck :dntknw:

Well guys. glad to hear you are all having fun. My plane of choice is this one.

post-18683-089466100 1280327806.jpg

post-18683-034836300 1280327852.jpg

seems i fixed the fps somehow.. i had the CPU at 333FSB... think there is a hole/bug in that specific NB strap. So i raised from 333 to 360FSB (clock 3240MhZ) and seems much better... now im in 1680x1050 with high details (not maxed) and runs smooth even in a ramp start with lot of traffic.

i'm ordering other 2Gb RAM because sometimes swap happens and i hate that.

Anyway luckly managed to get a lock on a F-16 from 35 miles... so a fast climb to 30k feet to have a longer firing range with the R-77, fired that and got that kill... the second F-16 shot me a pair of amraams and luckly evaded em with a 3-9, but i got killed when that falcon caught me in gun range dogfight (where i do the worst of me :grin: ).

but there are replacement afterburner effects? the stock one just suck :dntknw:

Glad you got your problem figured out, I'll still trade you though. The 2 more gigs of RAM will help smooth out your game play. One thing I changed was my water, I hated the shiney water on low, I like the med water we had back in FC1.12, so I changed mine to that. That'll give you more FPS and I think it looks much better.

Glad you got your problem figured out, I'll still trade you though. The 2 more gigs of RAM will help smooth out your game play. One thing I changed was my water, I hated the shiney water on low, I like the med water we had back in FC1.12, so I changed mine to that. That'll give you more FPS and I think it looks much better.

Cali, did you take the original med. files from FC1.12 or the nice texture mod, which was almost the same but looked a little better than the stock med. in Fc1.12 and it also saved FPS hit.