Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Who knows this Morane Saulnier?

When was this built - looks like the Fokker E.V ?

Looks like a scaled-down version of the 'L' type to me - it's what Roland Garros mounted a forward firing Hotchkiss in and started the real fighting war.

Vasco :pilotfly:

Edited by Vasco

Aye, if you type in "Morane Saulnier L" into Google it comes up with a Picture of this Aircraft from an Airshow Website:

MoraneSaulnier.jpg

Morane-Saulnier "L" Parasol Fighter (Replica)

This is a smaller-scale replica of the first aeroplane to shoot down a Zeppelin in WWI. The Morane-Saulnier was one of the first successful fighter planes. It was built in both one and two-seat configurations. It had a forward-facing machine gun that fired through the arc of the propeller, which was armoured so as to deflect any shots that struck it.

Good call, Vasco. :good:

Edited by MikeDixonUK

The "L" type? Thank you guys. I'm not fit with the French craft. Looks like a cuty to have in OFF,

especially, if it could carry a machine gun. A pre-Bebe craft to dogfight the Eindecker, perhaps?

The "L" type? Thank you guys. I'm not fit with the French craft. Looks like a cuty to have in OFF,

especially, if it could carry a machine gun. A pre-Bebe craft to dogfight the Eindecker, perhaps?

Hmmmmm - it probably would be a nice addition to OFF :grin:

Actually Vasco is correct - many thought that the type used by Garros was the Type N monoplane and many pictures show that aircraft. However it was the Type L that he first fitted a machine gun to and scored successes.

Edited by sandbagger

Thanks for the info, Sandbagger.

I dreamt last night, that Pol was working on the model of this craft in a small room late

in the night, while you tried to apply new taylormade skins to it, which made him nudge:

"Not now, Sand - I need to get on with the wings first!"

Only a dream - but you would be asthonished, how often my dreams somehow blend

with real life...

:grin:

Good idea. The winner is always the last one to die of old age during a turn! :rofl:

Hellshade

Thanks for the info, Sandbagger.

I dreamt last night, that Pol was working on the model of this craft in a small room late

in the night, while you tried to apply new taylormade skins to it, which made him nudge:

"Not now, Sand - I need to get on with the wings first!"

Only a dream - but you would be asthonished, how often my dreams somehow blend

with real life...

:grin:

Hi Olham,

We are a close knit team, but not THAT close :yikes: