Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Austrian-Italian Campaign pics

Just a WIP of an Austrian-Italian campaign I've been working on. It's pretty much fictional since there is a limited number of aircraft and no Italian or Austrian terrain. I used Gepards' Vogesen terrain with Jan Tumas visual upgrade. It look beautiful and it seems to be working out so far. Just need to do more skins and object placements. Here are a bunch of pics.

Edited by quack74

Some More:

Edited by quack74

those are some excellent pics. I wish we could get some of the modders here to work on a few Austrian and itallian aircraft.

I need a Aviatik D.I :grin: . Hint, Hint !

There are already a few Austrian and Italian aircraft. What's one more:ok: . I can say that because I dont have to do the work to make them:grin:

Beautiful work Quack,Thanks so much for posting these pics.I certainly am looking forward to seeing this one finished,again great work.

VonTobler

Nice work, Quack. But, in some of those screenshots, where do I crash land? I might not be the best fit for this terrain...

Lol Heck. If you plan on getting shot down, dont fight over the mountains. The valleys and low land fields is where you might want to loiter.:grin:

Great stuff Jan Tuma:good:

Well I'm using FE2 now so I dont know the compatability with campaigns for FEG. But it will be for FE2

Hey Quack,

Great news, I've been looking forward to a Vogesen based campaign for a long time.

Couldn't help but notice that in some of your high altitude screenies that the river tiles are rendering their trees etc. well past where non-tga tiles (bmps) stop rendering their trees. Have you done some personal tweak to render distance? I've never seen this in my heavily modded installs.

It's all looking great, Quack...Some really nice schemes amongst that lot. Great stuff, well done! :clapping:

If you haven't done so already, are you gonna do any Italian Nieuport 11's or 17's?

Well Bucky since I might be making this campaign run from late summer 1917 to early 1918, I definitaly will do some N.17's, 24's and 27's. Since there is a limit of aircraft that are available, I have to find a time frame that has the most planes. I'll have to make a few "hacks" as well. Especially for two-seaters. But it's all coming together nicely so far. Still messing with the "StrategicNodes" from the Vogesen_Targets.ini to place extra ground objects like Allied and German squads (from Geo's site). Kind of having trouble getting it right. Even doing some new balloons. Need some Italian ones.

Sounds like you got it covered, man.

Incidentally, speaking of Nieuports...Does the number '16' mean anything to you? :grin: LOL!

Sounds like you got it covered, man.

Incidentally, speaking of Nieuports...Does the number '16' mean anything to you? :grin: LOL!

Lol. I'm pretty much done with the N.16 in camo. But there was a shadow bug coming from the upper lewis gun mount. I dont know how since it's carried over from the N.11 which is just fine. I aked Monty CZ about this. I think I just have to make the serial numbers (99 of them). You gave me the numbers already Bucky. Thanks for those. I should have it out soon.

I've been busy with the can-of-worms called my Austrian-Italian Campaign:grin: . I'm going to be busy getting all the ace skins made and placed. Will be worth it though. Vogesen terrain looks beautiful w Jan Tuma's upgrade.

_Very_ impressive work Quack. Where did you get the individual markings on the A-H Albatri? Are they downloadable somewhere?

Mike

_Very_ impressive work Quack. Where did you get the individual markings on the A-H Albatri? Are they downloadable somewhere?

Mike

I made all the decals for the Albatros D.IIIOef's. They are random personal markings from different Fliks. Just like FE uses random personal markings. I havnt posted ant skins for Skunkworks' DIIIOef's yet. I have a lot more work to do on all of them.

A couple of aces. Barraca and Brumowski. Some ace skins I'm working on along with others.

looks fantastic! Have FE Gold - will I need FE2? Is the only difference compatibility for vista/7? I'm still running xp. thanks

btw have a pretty good collection of WWI A-H material, if you are in need of references