Sign in to follow this  
thubbardm

Help Locating F-8 Crusader Dogfighters

With regards to Ace Fighter Pilots, I'm not sure where to post; But My mom send most of my Dad's things to the Fighter Pilots Hall of Fame and I didn't have a chance to see everything; so I am searching for anyone who may have heard of him, stories of him or was in one of his sqadrons or a child of one of the above who might be able to help be with his tribute book. He was one of the Last of the Gunfighters on an F-8 Crusader, Ace, Top Gun and more metals than I even know what they mean... Commander Ray G. "Tim" Hubbard, Jr. For those of you with Dad's in that time period who may have been in one or more of his squadrons, one of his was "Hubbards Muthas"...and they would have had some ''colorful" stories to put things nicely...and you definitely would know the name or "the Old Mutha", or any version thereof...he was a great guy and save a lot of people and they counted on him; even with his wild ways and humor he was calm when things counted; and even Jim Stockdale included him in his book which Jim and Sybil sent us copies of before they passed as well. Some sent reathes saying "double nickel" some "Maverick" and many others so he had his fair share of nicknames I'm presuming by these different buddies and squadrons, I'm just needing some help finding people for more data; feel free to contact me at my email and I'll post this on that one other navy site I saw here (was also hoping whomever put this site up might know something)... thanks again THubbard(M)

Guest Tazkiller

I'm not a part of this.

But thanks FC

Have you checked out this website?

It has all the info on the "Last of the Gunfighters".

It also has lots of links to other sites. :drinks:

www.cloudnet.com/~djohnson/index.html

In addition to the Gunfighters page (above - which is probably the best resource for Crusaders) there is also the Tailhook Association

http://www.tailhook.org/