Sign in to follow this  
Tuba2

Keyboard command problem

I have installed OFF in Windows 7 and am having a problem. None of the commands that the F2 – F9 keys should produce function. They want to bring up Microsoft Office11 responses or cause OFF to exit. The other key commands appear to function correctly.

I have reinstalled Microsoft Office, the drivers for the key board. The Program has been installed several times and patched with fresh downloaded files for OFF and HitR. I am starting to run out of ideas. Is there a file in OFF that sets the response for the keys?

ABS Ultimate M6 Summary

1. ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe NVIDIA nForce4 Motherboard for AMD Socket 939 CPU

2. AMD Socket 939 Athlon 64 3800+, 90nm, 2.41 GHz, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Processor – OEM

3. 4G Kingston KVR400X64C3AK2 PC3200 DDR RAM

4. nVIDIA GeForce Ultra Video Card 256MB GDDR3, 256-bit, TV-Out/Dual DVI, PCI-E(XFX)

5. (2) NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU

6. Leadtek Expert PCI TV/FM Tuner Card

7. Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 7.1 with 1394

8. Hitachi 250GB SATA Internal Hard Drive Model 13Go255-OEM

9. (2) Seagate 200GM 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive Model ST3200822AS

10. RAID 0 Striped for SATA Hard Drives

11. Sony 52x32x52x16 Combo Drive Model CRX320E

12. Sony Internal 16X DVD+/-RW / Double Layer Drive

13. 1.44MB Floppy Drive

14. Microsoft Wireless Optical Combo USB/PS2 102 Keys Version 2.0

If pressing F keys makes MS OFFice do something, it means some other program is resident in memory (MS Office?) to monitor the keys for presses and overriding CFS3 to do whatever.

The sim automatically uses the keyboard ;) unless some other program is trying to hijack/use them. You need to check through what programs are resident (look on taskbar maybe?) not something we can help much with.

I'd check the keyboard, or keyboard software. The very fact it needs a special driver makes a warning bell sound in my head ;)

Maybe it has key assignments, or special modes to do things like run calc, msword etc etc.

Thanks for the prompt reply Polovski.

I will try to check out the keyboard. Perhaps I have unintentionally turned on a function without realizing it. :good:

Polovski, Your advice is great. The F Mode key had been pushed on the keyboard. Thanks for the help since this is the second time this has happened to me in Hat In The Ring.

Great glad I was of help twice :) happy flying Tuba2