Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

ATC

Has anyone else been "forgotten" by ATC when making flights? I mean, they still talk to you and tell you to change frequncies, but they don't have you fly your IFR flight? Case in point, I just made an IFR flight from Kansas City Intl to Cincinatti Intl. Takeoff went well, I was told to fly heading 190 and climb and maintain FL190. Which I did. Eventually, I got far enough south that I was told to contact Ft Worth Center. Needless to say, Ft. Worth is a long ways from Cincinatti. This happened before too, I think KC to Columbus or something. On that flight, I got yeld at when I tried turning to my destination when I was halfway over Arkansas. So what is up with that? any ideas, and has this happened to anyone else?

yeah, I've had some issues like that with atc.

This weekend I was testing some AI flights. I had to have a IFR out of Plattsburgh to Pease. ATC had the IFR flights landing RW16 while the VFR flights were landing RW34. WTF?

They seem to sometimes vector you and other times not. Did you have a GPS IFR or a VOR IFR flight plan?

They seem to sometimes vector you and other times not. Did you have a GPS IFR or a VOR IFR flight plan?

Umm, I think I tried both. Same thing. Actually, that second flight, where I tried to deviate from the course they gave me, I changed my destination to New Orleans :D But ATC had the last laugh, they made my drop my DC-10 down to 5000 ft, and fly right through the middle of a thunderstorm... at dusk... slowly... :blink:

I thing I like about the new ATC is I tried departing Plattsburgh VFR during a thunderstorm and ATC denied my VFR request. B)

I was held at PIT in heavy fog one time too. Kinda sucked after I had spent all that time setting up a flight plan and everything.

Of course I took off anyway and got in big trouble. :D