Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Pfalz markings and Staaken formations

Pfalz markings and Staaken formations

This is a bit much I know. But if you like the Pfalz D.III types then this will be good for you. I've created a way to utilize the game generated National marking system (with marking changes for the Germans in March 1918) while using new "Pfalz" markings without the white boarders (for some Jasta's anyway).

I had to create new "Nations" for each Pfalz Jasta that uses different markings. Ex: Plain Silver Grey will use the "Germany_Pfalz" nation which will create black iron crosses (no white boarders). And for instance Jasta 77b will use the "Gemany_Pfalz_Lozenge_White" nation which will have white boarders on the wings but not on the fuselage and tail. All in all I think I made 4 new "Nations" for the Pfalz. You have to use the new decals that are in my "Decals" folder for this to work. Drop them into your "Decals" folder.

It just sounds complicated.... because it was :)

Anyway I've included folders with all the files you'll need. Really all it is is a copy and paste task for you. Just follow the folder structure thats in my download and follow the readme files. Ex: Create the new "Nations" folder. And put the new "Nations.ini" into it. Thats all.

*** Staaken & HP400 Formation ***

I've also created a "WWI_AIRFIELD1.ini" for the Staakens and HP400.

Their wingspan is too big to use the GothaGIV formations that I posted at CombatAce. I've created a new "Nation" for the Staaken called "Germany_Bombers" for the Staaken only. And I also created a new "RAF_Bombers" nation for the HP400. In the HP 400 and Staaken's DATA.ini and each of their skins' "TextureSet" the nation name should be changed from "Germany" to "Germany_Bombers" or "RAF" to "RAF_Bombers". This way the game will find the new formation setup (thats included in this download), for these particular bombers.

Enjoy, quack74

Edit: 9/11/10:

I added an "Italy2" to the Nations.ini and the Decals folder. It will make Italian markings with a green outer and red inner roundel. Any aircraft you want to use for ITALY just change the texture folder's TextureSet.ini to Nation=ITALY2. Now you have two Italian markings.

Thanks for all of the effort for this - I really love this airplane, and can't get enough schemes and markings for it. Without a doubt, my all time favorite bipe. Thanks again.

Mike D.

You're very welcom mppd. I hope you can figure it all out to get it to work. It was the easiest way I could come up with. :drinks: