Sign in to follow this  
Erik

Holy Smoker

I've had my "green big egg" cooker for a couple maybe three years now. I've cooked just about everything in it and I'm getting to be quite good if I do say so myself. This morning during my ritual man chores I head off to the local Safeway. The butcher who runs the meat department there brings his "A" game to work and he's always there Sunday morning early so it shouldn't be considered coincidence that's when I go. Anyway we get to talking a bit this morning when he tells me to hang on and disappears into the back. Emerging from the back like it's a hunter's trophy room he's holding some ribs and tells me that's what he's getting ready to put out on special for the day. One look and I'm all in like I'm holding a royal flush. I get home and set up the egg to get it settled into a nice low two hundred smolder. I prep and dry rub the ribs and put them on. They've been smoking ever since and in a couple more hours I'll be ready to sauce 'em up. I can't wait.

I've attached some smoker smell to this post enjoy it with an ice cold beer!

I smoked a Boston butt yesterday for pulled pork sandwiches. So far this summer I have used 225 lbs of mesquite chunks and 5 propane tanks and about 200 lbs of charcoal. Its only July. FYI in case anyone gasps at the propane tanks. I have a smoker, a gas still and a wood bbqer. I havent done any ribs yet this year. Looks like I am going to have to now. Erik has me inspired to do so.

I smoked a Boston butt yesterday for pulled pork sandwiches. So far this summer I have used 225 lbs of mesquite chunks and 5 propane tanks and about 200 lbs of charcoal. Its only July. FYI in case anyone gasps at the propane tanks. I have a smoker, a gas still and a wood bbqer. I havent done any ribs yet this year. Looks like I am going to have to now. Erik has me inspired to do so.

Dave,

That brings back some memories of the 2009 CombatACe BBQ! You sure know how to make smoke!!

Hehe

Okay thats it I am going for Ribs tonight this teaser has really got me wanting Ribs lots of Ribs... Thankfully here in Austria they do very good ribs if you know where to go...