Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

My First MRE experience

So I've decided to see what our soldiers go through(minus getting shot at) as far dining in the field goes.

I have TOTM beans and sauce...sounds healthly.

And boy oh boy do you cram some stuff into these things. Crackers, Strawberry drink mix, the main meal, and coffee

So I just found out why you dont overfill the damn bag

TOTM's aren't the same a MRE's. Less calories and a shorter shelf life. (Wife is a US Army food inspector.) TOTM's aren't really that good at all. Most you buy, are expired. My wife is chuckling at you right now. :lol:

MREs should come with EXLAX. You'll need it !! :salute:

TOTM's aren't the same a MRE's. Less calories and a shorter shelf life. (Wife is a US Army food inspector.) TOTM's aren't really that good at all. Most you buy, are expired. My wife is chuckling at you right now. :lol:

Got this one off a tropper thats getting deployed...I got it free.

Thanks for the correction

Got this one off a tropper thats getting deployed...I got it free.

He wasn't doing you any favors. :lol: Let us know when you are posting from the bathroom.

And this one tasted really good too.

Lol will do

I did check for an experation date but apparently it wasnt supposed to have one

:lol:Oh well I post here in a day or two and let you know If i drop dead

Edited by Skyviper

im sure the vets inspected it and gave it a few 90 days extensions much like the breakfast Jimmy Deans i got for my guys in KAF. wound up tradin most of those to a contractor for commo wire.:rofl: whats bad though is when one of the teams is hurtin so bad they thank you for the kosher/halal meals. without goody pack or heaters

You cant extend TOTM's, at all. If you are eating an expired one, it was issued without a vet's knowing about it. It's a huge NO NO, here is how I know. Some dill-hole CW3 at Camp Grayling ordered $250,000 worth of TOTM's. He didn't issue them out fast enough over time, so the rest he didn't issue expired. He is still trying to issue them. Camp Grayling is part of my wife's region. She went up there, inspected them and said no you arent issuing these and showed him in the AR were you can not. He tried to go over her helmet and lost, know he has to disposed of a quarter of a million bucks worth of TOTM's.

1 thats why you don't let anyone not 92G (US Army cook) qualified mess with the food. 2. proper disposal of unusable/expired rations is to puncture the container and trash it. sounds to me like that chief needs to get hot!:lol:

I'm still here guys.:grin:

I talked to my boss this morning(a retired Marine) and he was suprised that I liked it(later on he talked to the army guy that gave me the thing and found that the new TOTM taste a lot better than the old stuff) anyway this morning he sculded me because I told him (upon his asking) that I used the heater properly. He told me that the heater is the entertainment...put it in a bottle and listen to a really loud boom and scare all the neighbors and what not.:lol: If I had an empty bottle I would've done it.