Sign in to follow this  

I know that WOI and all first generation games are old news now, but I thought I might as well ask this one last question. In WOI I have yet to be able to get the HUD on the F-16A Netz to work properly. By this I mean the Radar Boresight mode, and the Infrared tracking mode will not function. All I can get to work is the Gunsight for the M61A1. I have tried changing the AvionicsDll from 60 to 70, as well as other fixes that I've mentioned before in my other post, but so far nothing works! Is there some other way to fix these things? I appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

Doesn't WOI come with an F-16A Netz as a TW model?

FC

You shouldn't be seeing any issues then...unless the stock model is broken or it got modded in someway.

FC

I'm not sure why it's happening but it can't seem to be fixed. Thanks for your help though

Wait...you changed the Avionics from 60 to 70? The STOCK F-16A from WOI is Avionics70 from the start.

Are you sure you aren't talking about the Mirage Factory F-16A?

FC

Wait...you changed the Avionics from 60 to 70? The STOCK F-16A from WOI is Avionics70 from the start.

Are you sure you aren't talking about the Mirage Factory F-16A?

FC

You're right, what I meant was that while it was on 70 from the start it wasn't working to begin with so I changed it bact and forth twice just to se what it would do. Sorry for not being clearer on that. But to answer your question it is the WOI version and not the Mirage Factory one.

Okay.

Well, I just reinstalled my Oct 08 bone stock install on a Win7 64 bit computer. It ran just fine, all modes seemed to work just fine.

Have you tried to reinstall a stock WOI install to see if that works?

FC

Okay.

Well, I just reinstalled my Oct 08 bone stock install on a Win7 64 bit computer. It ran just fine, all modes seemed to work just fine.

Have you tried to reinstall a stock WOI install to see if that works?

FC

I have not tried that yet, thanks for the suggestion. I'll follow up asap

Thanks for your help

Well I guess I spoke too soon. The HUD worked fine in WOI once installed, however I moved the aircraft to my merged install of WOE WOI and WOV and it has stopped working again. This is what I did two years ago when I first got WOI, could something in a merged install cause this to happen? Thanks again

Edited by warthog64

This is what I did two years ago when I first got WOI, could something in a merged install cause this to happen? Thanks again

Like the fact that it doesn't have all the necessary files available to it once you moved it out of its native environment, because you've forgotten to move those, too? :grin:

It would have helped immensely if you'd had stated that in the first place.

Edited by Fubar512

Like the fact that it doesn't have all the necessary files available to it once you moved it out of its native environment, because you've forgotten to move those, too? :grin:

It would have helped immensely if you'd had stated that in the first place.

When I first installed WOI two years ago I made sure I extracted and moved all the parts of each aircraft into my main merged install folder (WOE/Objects/aircraft/type). So all the parts of the f-16A Netz are currently together. I'm not sure what is preventing it from working correctly? I believe all the necessary files are there, but could the fact I'm using WOE as the base folder be an issue?

Thanks

No it works in WOE fine - providing your WOE is patched to the level that will support the Avionics functions required.

There are a lot of files neede in the cockpit folder - but would need to dig out an old backup of WOE to see whats supposed to be there.

Some of the HUD and radar files may be located in the flightdata or missiondata CAT files located in the Flight folder. Look in the avionics.ini file for the Netz to find the names of the files you need. Those files must be in the Cockpit folder to work.

And a note...we cannot help you correctly if you do not provide all the information needed. ANYTHING other than a dead bone stock install requires we know the details of the mod...otherwise, it wastes everyone's time...including yours.

FC

No it works in WOE fine - providing your WOE is patched to the level that will support the Avionics functions required.

There are a lot of files neede in the cockpit folder - but would need to dig out an old backup of WOE to see whats supposed to be there.

My WOE is patched to the latest level, if OCT 2008 is still the latest?, and in the F-16A Netz folder I have everything required to fully use the aircraft (bmp's, tga's, lod's, etc). One thing I noticed is that in a fresh install of WOI the F-16 cockpit works fine, this is before any extracting has been done so all that exists in the F-16A folder is IDFCamo1 (skin folder) and F-16A_Netz.ini. However to move it to my merged install of course I have to include all the files I extract from ObjectData, and ObjectData1 to get it to work. This of course is when the HUD display suddenly stops working. Any idea why?

Thanks

Read my previous reply for the probable answer.

FC

Read my previous reply for the probable answer.

FC

There didn't appear to be anything in the Flightdata or Missiondata cat that was needed for the F-16 cockpit to work properly. I may be wrong but I didn't see anything missing when going by the Avionics.ini text. I'm not an expert so I may be reading and interpreting wrong, but I don't think I've left anything out. Anyway it's no big deal, trying to get this to work is more trouble than it's worth, but I appreciate everyones help.

Thanks

Edited by warthog64

did you try this????

AvionicsDLL=Avionics70.dll

I'm gonna hazard a guess at no...

(btw, that's covered in the ever so handy, ever so ignored Knowledge Base. 1stGens need to use avi70 for HUDs. Changes in SF2s coding will allow for some usage with avi60)

wrench

kevin stein