Sign in to follow this  
Geary

Korea War Mod Bomb Don't Show for Loadout

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to modding Strike Fighters, but have been modding CFS2 for years.

I"ve come across a problem that has me stumped.

I've modded a clean SFP1 with the Korean War mods downloaded from this site. The Korean War mod gives me aircraft for this particular mod.

When I choose a single stike mission, the bombs and some tanks won't show up for loading on most of the aircraft. The loadout files for the planes list bombs, ie., MK81 and MK82.

The bombs are in my weaponsdata.ini file and weapons folder and I've checked and rechecked and recompiled the weapons dat file with the latest weapons editor for SPF1 Generation 1 from the Thirdwire site.

The odd thing is that I can install the same aircraft into a non-Korea modded SPF1 install and the bombs show up fine for loadout. It only seems to be a problem in the Korea War mod.

I've tried different planes/jets in both installs and the result is always the same, no bombs in the Korea War mod install, but show up in the non-modded SPF1 install that I made the Korea War mod from.

I've tried loading and compiling every weapon pack I can find into my Korea War install, but still no luck.

Any ideas what's causing this??

Thanks for any help provided.

Did you try Bunyaps weapons pack?

hgbn,

Yes, I have Bunyap's, Mirage Factory's, the Community Weapons Pack, and a few others. All added and recompiled.

Ok which patch level are you at? 30.08.06 or oct 08?

October '08.

That's a bad mix. I think you'll be happier running it in the 30.08.06 patch level. All prop FM gets screwed up in the Oct 08 patch

Okay, the fact that you are getting the stock weapons means that your modded Weapondata.dat file is not placed at the right location.

Where is the modded weapondata.dat file? It should be in your Objects/Weapons directory. Confirm that it is the modded weapondata.dat file, not the stock file...sometimes the weapondata editor will save the modded weapondata.dat file in an unexpected location.

FC

I can try that, but most of these are jets and they all work correctly, with bombs in the clean SPF1 install updated to the same Oct '08 patch.

Thanks for your effort:salute:s .

FastCargo,

I'll give that a check.

Thanks,

FastCargo,

You fixed it. All weapons show up for loadout now. Thanks. The weapondata.dat file was in the Aircraft folder, not the weapons folder. :salute:

Thanks, I owe you.

Geary