How can I increase the resolution of a moving map? Here's the pic of moving map in NF+ F-15C (I think it's just too blurry):

post-25041-014660900 1280237484.jpg

Increase the resolution of the map the terrain is using. Either located in the terrain CAT file or in the Terrain directory for 3rd party terrains.

FC

That seems to do the trick, BUT it messes up the planning map when using zoomed out view. Is there some entry, regarding which versions of the terrain map is being used, in model ini file or is it hardcoded in plane's cockpit lod or smth?

The amount of the map that shows up in the cockpit is hardcoded in the LOD and cannot be changed via ini (as far as I know).

FC

Oh, well, it's a minor issue I can live with. Thanks for informative answers FC! :good:

It's all been said above, but the map displayed as a moving map in the aircraft is the planning map for the terrain. Even if you do increase the size of the texture map in the 3D model, the resolution will still be the same (it will just be zoomed in) unless you increase the resolution of the planning map. But that will no doubt have a performance cost.

I understand you're probably tying to create some more immersion. But in my opinion, the moving map is just "eye candy" and can't really be used for navigation. Besides, the in flight map screen is much better for that anyway.

Dels

It's all been said above, but the map displayed as a moving map in the aircraft is the planning map for the terrain. Even if you do increase the size of the texture map in the 3D model, the resolution will still be the same (it will just be zoomed in) unless you increase the resolution of the planning map. But that will no doubt have a performance cost.

I understand you're probably tying to create some more immersion. But in my opinion, the moving map is just "eye candy" and can't really be used for navigation. Besides, the in flight map screen is much better for that anyway.

Dels

Hell yeah, thats what I was aiming for :). the thing is that each terrain contains 3 versions of planning map - 512x512, 1024x1024 and 2048 version. I'm pretty certain that the call in F-15C pit lod is for the lowest 512 version, so i was hoping tu adjust it but apparently it can be done only by the original pit creator :(. Or i can just supplant the 512 map version for 1024 one in terrains folder, but like I said it messes up the in game planning map a bit.

I am the creator of the moving map display for the F-15C.

If you look at the cockpit.ini file, this is the reference:

[TSD]

Type=MOVING_MAP

NodeName=MapPanel

That is as much control as I have. You find something different, you let me know.

FC

RIght, so I guess it's hardcoded in game's engine. Time to start knocking on TK's door :salute: