Sign in to follow this  
BigAl56

What I'd like to see in Phase IV

ROFLMFAO!!!!!! :lol:

Though how you got my Handwriting so accurate, remains one of the worlds great mysteries!!!

Kids are starting earlier and earlier these days... :grin:

If there was a thread for pure funnies with genius in them that one by Louie would definitely be in there...

Olham we get them started early might mean new Flight sims for when we all retire... :good:

It was the night before X mas and all thru the house it was so still you could not hear a mouse. I hang pantyhose on the fire place mantel with great care in hopes that Santa along with my copy of P-4 would soon be there. Much of a shock for her and me, Santa has placed Pam Anderson under my tree although she might try and hide, I saw she had a copy of P-4 by her side. Grabbing and groping with care, I placed P-4 on my computer with time to spare. It was then that Santa left in a fuss All I can say is that without P-4 , My Xmas is a Bust.

:grin::bye:

Edited by carrick58

Here are data for the Siemens-Schuckert SD III:

http://de.wikipedia....Schuckert_D.III

They say it climbed to 6000m (19.685 feet) in 20,0 Minuten.

Why is it, that the German language version has more info than the English language version? Ticks me off. :cool:

Slartibartfast wrote:

If there was a thread for pure funnies with genius in them that one by Louie would definitely be in there...

Well, I don't know about genius being the driving force on that letter Slarti, but I can tap into my inner child pretty easily given that he lies but faint microns below my supposed adult facade.

BigAl56 wrote:

Why is it, that the German language version has more info than the English language version? Ticks me off. :cool:

BigAl, it makes sense the German version would have more information than it's English counterpart. You know how precise and accurate the Allamande mind tends to be. :wink:

Absolutely laugh-out-loud funny. Either that bushel is ablaze or someone's hiding his light under it! Definitely genius, Lou. :good:

Edited by Dej

You're asking exactly the same question I asked myself, BigAl!

The English Wikipedia has only good data about the English craft. And if they have climb rates or top speed

for German craft, their values are mostly less than on the German Wiki - seems the competition still continues...

What I'd like to see in Phase4 (to be continued)

Winder promised to read all our ideas, so please keep them coming. I have one here.

What always annoyed me quite a bit, was the weather report coming after the briefing.

Could it be done, that it is part of the second briefing window?

That way the pilot would see, what weather the mission would have, and if he doesn't like

to fly in rain or snow, he could advance time for a better day.

Sometimes, there won't be no flying at all on a day, or even a chain of days.

It is quite disappointing to go through a briefing, making notes, checking the map, and then

when you are ready to go, you get told: Sorry, no flying due to bad weather!

To have that proceedure repeated for several days, is often more than I can bear.

Just my 2 cent.

As many as possible historically accurate airfields. Take off from Roucourt and it looks like Roucourt; take off from Bertangles and it looks like Bertangles, etc.

Clouds that move with wind.

As far as the weather report, omit the "be careful out there" part. No s**t. It's like when the Weather Channel talks about rain in the morning and says to make sure to take an umbrella and allow yourself extra driving time. Next they'll ask if my shoes are tied and I have my milk money.

A claim form available after every sortie, not just after you shoot down a plane.

Repetitio est mater studiorum. :cool:

More two-seaters and other heavies. Even if only AI controlled at first, but we absolutely need more of them, especially for the French. The Snipe and other planes of minimal importance, planes which saw only very little service or were built in small numbers, can and must wait, if OFF is to be developed in the most historically accurate direction possible. And that means more two-seaters. Lots of them.

I'd like to see a bunch of "Random" options added to the QC Workshop.

That way you could set up a Quick Combat as follows:

Enemy Plane Type: Random

# of Enemies : Random

Advantage/Disadvantage : Random

# of Wingmen : Random

Enemy Altitude difference : 5k below player/ level with player / 5k above player / Random

Yes, I know that's what the Campaign is designed for, but not everyone always has time to fly Campaign Missions that may or may not result in combat. It would be a way to get your OFF combat fix in, guaranteed, in about 5 - 10 minutes.

Hellshade

Will you guys pack it in with the requests for AI 2-seaters for crying out loud! It appears that is a vocal minority putting that request into every P4 thread I've read. There are currently no AI-only aircraft in this sim and some of us really enjoy the challenge of flying reconnaissance and bombing types. God forbid that ODB start to think that the addition of aircraft we cannot fly in the game is acceptable.

How would you like it if the 2-seater fans started requesting Sopwith Snipes, Siemans Schuckert DIII/IVs and Pfalz XIIs be introduced in game as AI-only or intiailly AI only aircraft?

Please be careful with what you request, especially if it's likely to affect the enjoyment of this game for others.

Vasco :pilotfly:

How would you like it if the 2-seater fans started requesting Sopwith Snipes, Siemans Schuckert DIII/IVs and Pfalz XIIs be introduced in game as AI-only or intiailly AI only aircraft?

I would feel absolutely fine with it, if it makes the development process faster and the planes would eventually became flyable for humans too. Nobody is requesting new aircraft to be flyable only by the AI. I'm also pretty sure that OBD is not in the business to ruin anybody's enjoyment of their sim, so worry not.

Hasse Wind: More two-seaters and other heavies. Even if only AI controlled at first...

At first means, if they can't build them early enough for the players to fly, they might

add them as AI piloted planes at first (and make them flyable later).

That's what I understood, Vasco - of course we want them ALL flyable; Hasse Wind

first of all, as far as I know the old two-seat f*rt.

:scratch: I agree. 2 Seat AI at 1st ( that way way we could have a lot quickly) then later Flyable for the crowd. or as Nathan Bed fort Forrest is attributive as saying about Wining Civil War Battles " Be 1st est with the Most-est. " :pilot:

I'm also of a mind that AI only (at first!) 2 seaters - happy to see them flyable later. Think of it as whetting the appetite for the later flyables!

God forbid that ODB start to think that the addition of aircraft we cannot fly in the game is acceptable.

Personally, I would not mind that since I am already very happy with the current selection of flyable aircraft. Considering the way AI wingmen tend to behave I'm not even sure I would enjoy flying a 2-seater or bomber campaign. As far as I remember, this has always been problematic with the CFS3 engine. It's not much fun to fly a beautifully modelled Handley Page or whatever if your wingmen try to fly them as divebombers or fighters. However, non-player recon/bomber flights seem to behave more or less OK. OFF does a splendid job at modelling a large portion of the war, but there are still a few gaps to be filled. Just being able to meet those machines in the air, even when I can't fly them, would further improve the feeling of "being there" for me.

What we need to make this sim the coolest thing ever is to be able to direct artillery fire on a target,now that would be fun.After flying around for hours in that BE'2 wouldn't it be great to see the gun position come under fire....

HI Red Dog,

Thing is, the actual mechanics of how they did this in WWI are actually pretty easy to do: it's simply clock and modification by degree, if I interpret the stuff I've read correctly. So, to instigate into OFF, you'd need to be able to send a simple code - much as they did in WWI - and then toddle around watching the fall of shot after the batteries have received your corrections.

Well, that's the easy bit.

The difficult bit, I'm sure, is to put this 'game within a game' into OFF given the limitations of working with CFS3 code. I can't comment on this, but I hope that someone from the dev team can?

That, thobut, would be a lovely addition to the game, and one that would put it streets ahead of other WWI sims, as well as upping the authenticity to unparalleled heights.

Cheers,

Si

What always annoyed me quite a bit, was the weather report coming after the briefing.

Could it be done, that it is part of the second briefing window?

This idea has my vote too!

Things on my wishlist (some of them probably not possible because of CFS3 code limits):

- Claim form: ability to minimize the window so that we can check locations and times on the debriefing map

- Transfers: ability to request transfer (like with the claim forms, and requests can be denied)

- What happens to your wingmen in flight is reflected in the Duty Room

- Persistent damage: if you destroy a building, it stays destroyed until it is repaired

- Logistics: damaged aircraft need time to be repaired, so your squadron may not have a full complement of aircraft; also fuel and ammunition stock may be limited

- Squadron management: ability to assign wingmen if you are Squadron Leader

- Skin preview in the Workshop

- Ability to choose Pilot picture in Workshop

- Ability to set or edit mission waypoints during briefing

- More detailed in-game map

- A Belgian squadron (even if only AI)

And of course some of those aircraft to fill the gaps ;)

Edited by Johan217

I would love to see everything kinda rounded out on the Western front before turning towards the Alps..... Belgians would be nice!! fly around some Hanriots with Coppens... throwing in a couple of early 2 seaters for all nations