Sign in to follow this  

I have WOV (unpatched), and have been trying for two months to get various new weapons and changes to stock WOV weapons to work. I have weapon editor, and have tried repeatedly to add new weapons and save changes, but nothing has ever done anything in game; the weapons don't show up when I try to load them on any aircraft, including downloaded ones. Thanks for help in advance.

Guest rscsjsuso5

a important suggestion - you should patch wov to latest 08 patch and read the knowledgebase http://combatace.com/forum/189-adding-weapons/ also tell us what aircrafts. the knowledgebase should answer your question very clearly.

enjoy your stay

plaaf comrade

You need to match both the weapon and gun editors to the patch-level or version that you're running, otherwise they will have no effect, whatsoever. When you start the game, what date is shown in lower RH corner of the splash screen(for example, OCT 2008)?

Thanks for the quick replies. Downloaded weapons still won't work (I know why, I was trying to use the pre 08 weapon editor, which should have worked because I was using it with unpatched WOV) so I still have to download the post -08 editor, which I cannot do for another 3 hours or so.

But a huge thanks for the reply, as now the weapons which came with the WEAPONDATA.ini, that came with the weapon editor, are great. All aspect Sidewinders, LGB's, and late model Sparrows, oh my! Also thanks for recommending the patch as my beloved Super Bug now has a HUD, computing gunsight, LGB display, modern era radar/ HUD radar lock displays and more! :clapping:

Edited by FlashGordon

I still have to download the post -08 editor, which I cannot do for another 3 hours or so.

There is no such thing as a "post 08" weapon editor for WoE, or for SFp1, WoV, and WOI, for that matter. Anything later than the version 22008 weps editor is meant for SF2, which is a different series.

On the Thirdwire website's downloads/tools an utilities section, it says a "Weapon Data Editor v02.20.08 (199 KB) for versions of games and updates released in 2008." and in the same list "Weapon Data Editor v04.24.06 (214 KB) for versions of games before 2008." That's where I got that from. I could easily be completely wrong, though. The update for WOV is from September '08, so I was assuming that is what that was what you were talking about in your previous post.

Flash Gorden,

Prior to your editing your post, you clearly stated that you had patched to the 08 level, and had used the "08" patch, and that you were seeking a "post o8 patch'. Notice the statement where I've quoteed you.

Flash Gorden,

Prior to your editing your post, you clearly stated that you had patched to the 08 level, and had used the "08" patch, and that you were seeking a "post o8 patch'. Notice the statement where I've quoted you.

I was talking about how the patch was called "WOV_Update_Oct2008b". I assumed then that the weapons editor which was noted as "for versions of games and updates released in 2008" was for the older games with patches from 2008. The structure of the site seemed to imply that the section of downloads at the top were for First Eagles and SFP2, the section lower for WOV/WOI/SFP1/WOE. But I am new to editing WOV and to this site, and the game franchise, so I am probably wrong about something here. And the only edit to my post was a typo I fixed.

I tried what should be the compatible weapon editor, deleting the .dat first, making sure aircraft and weapons have compatible start/end years, but still no change. New weapons aren't in-game, changes to stock ones aren't either. Is this a unique problem?

Edited by FlashGordon

If you can see the stock weapons, but not the modded weapons, your weapondata.ini and weapondata.dat files are being saved in the wrong place. Both files should end up in the Objects/Weapons directory.

FC

Mine have always been in Objects, no subfolder. Maybe that's the problem. Thanks.

Edited by FlashGordon