Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

This month has really sucked

Last week my flight was informed that a former member of our unit died from an accidental overdose of medication... he was my age, 30. A few days later we've had to deal with a NORI. Today we were informed that another former member of our unit committed suicide. Both individuals I knew. Now we got a UCI coming up in a couple weeks. Talk about a serious charlie foxtrot for flight morale.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Hang in there mate, good luck!

:salute:

sorry to hear about your friends... i know it's hard to lose one let alone two in the same month

stay strong and let's hope for better days to come!!

I'm eager for the next millenium, myself. This one hasn't turned out to be what I'd hoped for.

Hang Tough,server. :salute:

The Big Guy only gives us what he knows we can handle.

Better days are ahead.

Sorry to hear about your friends.

Well, apparently the guy killed himself over a girl. I don't know about you folks, but no girl is worth killing yourself over. So I'm kind of pissed and disappointed in the guy. Don't get me wrong, the guy was a great person, very friendly, always seemed to have a positive attitude, but suicide is probably one of the biggest cowardly acts anybody can do to themselves.

It's a mean way to feel when you're low enough to be thinking of it. Sadly many don't return from a moment too far, I know you'll be feeling all sorts over the coming months and even years and it won't be easy but try not to be too angry with the person, it is about the cruellest thing anyone can do to their friends and families but I can almost guarantee you that isn't the intention the vast majority of the time. In fact in a stupid way, the thoughts of what you're going to leave behind for your friends and family can get stuck in the loop of negative feelings about yourself, making you feel you're the lowest of the low and they would in some way be better off without you, I've been there and got the tee shirt and now grateful I never managed to do it properly because I can look back and want to kick myself in the f***ing face for having been so self pittying, so self concerned, so deaf dumb and blind to the fact that things could be made better with a bit of effort from me and communication... but I cannot forget just how low down a person genuinely feels when they are at that bridge, it's not something I'd wish on anyone other than a murderer or child molester, it's the worst kind of low feeling anyone could have.

It's impossible to understand all of this, it's pointless continuing to try and explain this, I hope some of what I said makes some sense, dude If you need to talk about any of this I can call you any time or email.

Look at the positives you still have in your life and make the most of the precious time we have on this planet, it doesn't work out for everyone all the time so even more important to appreciate even the small little things like taking a walk and breathing in the fresh air, having a chat about something, anything, just to connect with the people around you. I'd say now you deserve some good beers and even better company, hope things look better in the coming days. drinks.gif