Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

SAMPAN appears in antiship missions everytime

Hi, every time I play antiships misions, the sampan boats always appear. is there a way to change this? I am using a sf2 merged install with mods. Is there something in data.ini to change. thx.

IIRC, anti-ship mission only spawns convoys made out of Cargo Ship and Tanker types. Try switching sampan type in data.ini to an entry from patrol boat or warships.

That's pretty interesting, as the stock WoV/SF2V sampans aren't Ground Objects ... they're Terrain Objects. They shouldn't show up in A-S mission at all, only as 'parked at the dock'. Unless, of course, they've been modified in some fashion to make them usable GOs (I've done it, so I know it's possible), or they're YAPs.

A little more info might be of some use here...

wrench

kevin stein

Is this in the SF2V expansion pack? Sampans were added as ground objects in the exp pack so they could be attacked on anti-ship missions (which was a possibility during the vietnam conflict).

The game engine usually seems to go through the ground object folder and find the first alphabetically listed ground object with the correct type (CARGO_SHIP or whatever it is) and use that in the mission. I know eburger and I played with this, and we left it so Sampans were the usual choice by the game engine, since they worked the best with the anti shipping routes that were defined.

If you want a different type of ship (or tank or AAA gun) to show up instead:

1. Find out what the "type" is for the sampan in its data.ini file.

2. Change the data.ini file for whatever you want to show up to that type.

3. Make sure what you want to show up is the first object with that type when listed alphabetically. If something else is there first, you'll have to rename it or change its type.

I suggest backing up your ground objects folder first, if you're not familiar with this sort of modding.

Hi, yeah its from the sf2 v exp pak. I'll try yur advice. thx.