Sign in to follow this  

:please:

I'm hoping can someone point me in the right direction here. I've created a windloop sound that won't play. It's already been saved as WAV file.

I think I should also add that the sound itself is an airborne conversation which lasts about an hour. Is there a bitrate margin for the sound to

be playable or is it simply just too long?

Yeah, I had something similar doing the same thing. I can't find the thread I posted because a few people got back with helpful answers too! I do know it has to be at a specific sample rate and there can sometimes be an issue with the file size.

Is that in PCM, mono and 11KHz, 22KHz or44KHz?

The sound is PCM, 16 bit stereo, 44.1khz

I've checked the properies of the WAV file and it's not even displaying the bit rate. If I could find a way of re-sampling it to a different frequency I could maybe sort out the frequency

Yeah, I had something similar doing the same thing. I can't find the thread I posted because a few people got back with helpful answers too! I do know it has to be at a specific sample rate and there can sometimes be an issue with the file size.

The file is pretty big alright - about 650mb

Edited by Piecemeal

You could try 8 bit mono,but I think it is too big.

650MB!! - looking at the others they are about 176kbps bitrate - and dont think ive seen any WAV files over 20 seconds long used in the actual game.

fyi - Menu music wavs I have go to about 6 mins (30MB in size) - these are not played in game though.

Edited by MigBuster

Stereo wavs won't play. It must be in mono.

OK, I've converted the file to mono and it's now 342mb in size. Still won't play in the game though.

I'm using the NCH Wavepad Sound Editor. Anybody got any ideas as to how I can sort this out? I'm pretty new to this side of things and any help at all would be appreciated.

Are you running onboard sound, or a soundcard? Onboard sound typically has a CPU utlization of 10-15%, while a good soundcard barely exceeds 2-3%. Some soundcards even sport as much as 64 mb of dedicated onboard memory (Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty & Auzen prelude X-Fi).

Are you running onboard sound, or a soundcard? Onboard sound typically has a CPU utlization of 10-15%, while a good soundcard barely exceeds 2-3%. Some soundcards even sport as much as 64 mb of dedicated onboard memory (Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty & Auzen prelude X-Fi).

I really don't know. :dntknw: Sound recording/editing is a completely new thing to me.

LOL...

Is this a desktop, or a notebook system?

Span new desktop, only only six months old. Here's the specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

AMD Phenom 9650 Quad Core processor

4GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD4350 card

Thanks for your patience so far btw

Edited by Piecemeal

If you cut out a few seconds of the file and save it using wavepad does it play okay?

what bitrate and frequency are you saving it at? - have you tried others?

F**k it - I'll save this headache for another time.

At the moment I'd prefer to try and get my Desert terrain update finished as much as possible before I've got the whole house to paint later this week (:mad: ). After that's done, I'll start testing the update before it's released.