Sign in to follow this  
ONETINSOLDIER

Quick! what do you do?

Oh they had 2500ft left to fall plenty of room... time to light the cigar think about life and still be able to pull out... though not enough time to open the bottle of Red wine and allow it to breath... hmmm maybe they should have opened the wine just before the stall... :lol:

WikiLeaks... who's owner thinks he's so wanted by the feds the CIA the KGB (Sorry old habit FSB), Mossad, Shin Bet and everyone else... NOT!!!

Edited by Slartibartfast

Oh they had 2500ft left to fall plenty of room... time to light the cigar think about life and still be able to pull out... though not enough time to open the bottle of Red wine and allow it to breath... hmmm maybe they should have opened the wine just before the stall... :lol:

During WW1, airmen had no parachutes. A German ace whose name I've forgotten took it with humor: "A fall from 1000m lasts for 40 seconds, which leaves sufficient time to sing "Heil Dir im Siegerkranz" [Prussian anthem], and to yell three Hooray! for the Kaiser!"

During WW1, airmen had no parachutes. A German ace whose name I've forgotten took it with humor: "A fall from 1000m lasts for 40 seconds, which leaves sufficient time to sing "Heil Dir im Siegerkranz" [Prussian anthem], and to yell three Hooray! for the Kaiser!"

Wow patriotic pilots. If I had to jump from that height without a chute the only thing exiting my mouth would be "F**********ck!!" all the way down to the ground.

Well singing helps to raise morale... I must admit my first parachute jump was me singing... my second was more the WTF am I doing the third James Brown I feel good... 4 Pink Floyd Learning to fly...

1. Neutralize all controls(Some flight manuals recommend taking hands and feet off of all controls)

2. See if aircraft stops spinning

3. If aircraft is still spinning,check Turn Needle for direction of spin.

4. Hold full opposite rudder to direction of spin

5. Neutral stick(for most aircraft)

6. When spin stops,keep nose down until safe flying speed is attained.

7. If inverted,roll over to normal upright position.

8. Pull back on stick to regain normal flight(BE CAREFUL,the natural tendency is to over "G" the aircraft)

9. Some aircraft(swept back wings) require 2 or 3 turns in spin for rotation to stop.

2500 feet is plenty of room,if recovery is almost finished.

Navy Primary flight instructors used to be required to do many inverted spins to qualify for the job.

Trivia fact: Chuck Yeager is one of the only pilots to successfully spin and recover a Mig-15.

The flight manual for the Mig recommended to eject.

• Like 1

he made it look easy...

I remember myself getting out off spins, but only in simulators :grin:

ezlead, leaving the control can help recover the plane back? sound a bit odd :idea:

Edited by Nesher

Sometimes a pilot mistakes a "Post Stall Gyration" for a spin.

OR: Sometimes the pilot inadvertently puts in the control inputs for a spin without really realizing it.

Taking hands and feet off of the controls will allow the aircraft to correct itself.

If it does not stop spinning,then use Spin Recovery Technique for that particular aircraft(It will be published in the Flight Manual)

Many planes are designed to recover themselves from a spin assuming neutral control inputs. Touching the controls can prolong or worsen it. Of course, go back in time and you'll find planes that didn't have such characteristics, but the good ones recover easily.

1. Neutralize all controls(Some flight manuals recommend taking hands and feet off of all controls)

2. See if aircraft stops spinning

3. If aircraft is still spinning,check Turn Needle for direction of spin.

4. Hold full opposite rudder to direction of spin

5. Neutral stick(for most aircraft)

6. When spin stops,keep nose down until safe flying speed is attained.

7. If inverted,roll over to normal upright position.

8. Pull back on stick to regain normal flight(BE CAREFUL,the natural tendency is to over "G" the aircraft)

9. Some aircraft(swept back wings) require 2 or 3 turns in spin for rotation to stop.

2500 feet is plenty of room,if recovery is almost finished.

Navy Primary flight instructors used to be required to do many inverted spins to qualify for the job.

Trivia fact: Chuck Yeager is one of the only pilots to successfully spin and recover a Mig-15.

The flight manual for the Mig recommended to eject.

I remember doing almost the exact same spin recovery procedure in the mighty T-37...pretty docile spinner if I remember correctly.

Fun stuff!

FC

Yah FC:

The T-2a,T-2b and T-2c(straight wing jets,just like the Tweet) you could almost pick a compass heading and stop the spin right there.

If you held in the spin controls it was almost like a roller coaster. Great Fun!!! :yikes:

When I was flying the slingsby T67 (USAF T3) the spin recovery had to be complete by 3000ft AGL....if not we would have to hit the silk, it was a very lively aircraft in the spin and the spin recovery had to be done to the letter, no releasing the controls....full opposite rudder....PAUSE....control column centrally forward and wait for the rotation to stop, there were a few fatalities in the USAF from spinning accidents in the T3 and the debate is that the incorrect spin recovery was used, below 3000ft there was no time to make further attempts at recovery as it fell like a brick in a fully wound up spin.

only aircraft I've flown that recovers itself from a spin is a cessna C152/150.