Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Downloads

:drinks: Although I have been a member of the forum for awhile , I am not really computer savvy. I wanted to use Creghorns Tracers download but I cant seem to get the directions right. For example, Drop in effects file . How? Drag and drop ? Download to documents then sent file to OBD effects file ? Do I need to extract files before senting them ? If someone can help, I need a step by step method Thanks. Carrick58 :grin:

I think a regular old, copy and paste method will work with his files. Copy and paste both of the tracers.dds files to the OFF\effects\fxtextures folder described in his readme. Copy and paste the particular effects file you want to use into the main CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder. Don't forget to back up the original effects file first or you won't be able to go back to the original OFF version!

The easiest way is to use the Jones Soft mod enabler that Creghorn references in his instructions. All you need to do is install the program in the OFF folder and make a Mods File folder. Then you put the files in that folder. To use the mod enabler you open it before you open OFF and just click the mod over to the active box. If'n you don't like it you can click it back to inactive. It automatically makes backups of the files it replaces.

Beard