Sign in to follow this  
Mizuez

Cant drop Flares

I've been flying a long time in falcon, but still have never dropped any flares. I try changing the key stroke, nothing. I tried changing from auto to manual, nothing. Every time i drop Flare or Chaff, i drop 3 chaff, then wait, then 3 more, then 3 more. Never any Flares even when i hit the flare key stroke. Am i missing something?

it may depend on which dispense program you have set in the cockpit. sorry, don't have a screen shot for you...

it may depend on which dispense program you have set in the cockpit. sorry, don't have a screen shot for you...

Thats cool. I though it was something like that, but i can't seem to find it. I guess i could read the manual some more, but so far all I've seen is when and how to use them, not program them.

IIRC you have to select LIST on the ICP and a number of options is shown on the DED. Select EWS and there you can programme your counter measures programmes.Usually you can switch your EWS programme on the EWS panel, located on the left side console in front of the throttle.

Edited by Scorpion82

There's a knob where you can select which pre-programmed CM program you want. IIRC, setting the knob to number 4 gives a combo of flares and chaff.

PS - It's all in the manual.

Edited by malibu43

I always choose 2 which I'm pretty certain does chaff and flares. I also set it on semiauto. When a missile is fired on me, and only then, the jammer activates and chaff and flares pop.

I know you have fewer flares than chaff because I've been in dense ADA and heard the "out" message for flares while the chaff still goes. Unfortunately, that's usually when an SA-7 or 13 flies up my tailpipe. :grin:

Thank you everyone for your responses. I do try to read the manual when i have question, but its is always nice to have someone explain it to you as well and tell you how they use it. Now i have something new to mess with and tune to my tactics.