Hi,i am new here.....i have downloaded the add on aircraft but it does not seem to work even after i have paste it on my main mod folder,i am wondering if i need to download other stuff like the campaigns or something to make it work,anyway i have downloaded the F-18.

Hope u guys can help me. Thanks!!!

If you have installed correctly, it should show up in the single mission menu.

Tell us what steps you have followed, and then we can try to help.

Usually, when something doesn't work, it's "pilot error". :grin:

This might sound dumb, but is everything working without the F-18 add-on?

More information, please! We definately need to know what steps you used to install it! (like, did all the various and sundry bits get placed in their correct, respecitve folder /Objects/Aircraft for the plane, /Objects/Decals for the decals; and is there a sub-folder in the /Decals folder that has the aircraft name, skin name, and /D subfolder?

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Thanks for the reply,i downloaded the zip file and unzip it into C:\Users\*username*\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 folder.But nothing comes up on the game no F-18 please advise me on what to do.

Thanks alot guys!!!

You need to tell us more, pal. What is you OS? Which F-18 did you downloaded exactly? F-18C for Mirage Factory F-18A or one of the Super Hornets? Like guys said, 3rd party aircraft, if installed correctly, will show up ONLY in single missions. If you want to add to a campaign, read the knowledgebase:

http://combatace.com/topic/44798-adding-aircraft-to-campaigns-in-sf2/

The OS has absolutely NOTHING to do with it, nor does which Hornet is being installed. And the only thing mentioned about campaigns, was the question of "do I need to download one to get this to work".

Depending on HOW the zip was created, one might be able to assume the aircarft's folder will need to be manually installed to the /Objects/Aircraft folder, as might the decals to their proper place.

Another thing NEVER to do, is unzip ANY add-on DIRECTLY to you game install ... that's a sure and certain way to f*** things up faster than you can spit.

Unzip to a temp folder or your desktop, that'll give you access to some really important files .. like the aircraft, and that strange little text file called a "readme.txt", that should give detailed instructions on How To...

So, I'd start looking in the main SF2 folder, and I'll bet you'll find the Hornet bits scattered all over, but NOT in the places where they belongs. Without actaully seeing the folder tree in Windoze Explorer, I'm guessing, but I'll bet that what might have happened.

wrench

kevin stein

Err, right Wrench coz if he/she has Windows XP and by mistake created mod folder Vista style then it would still work? And the question was " if i need to download other stuff like the campaigns or something". Well something is you can add aircraft to a campaign yourself, right?

Hey thanks alot guys,i manage to get it on the single missions and it did not work the 1st time bcos of '' Pilot error '' so now i would need help again on how do i get the F-18 onto the campaign list as i saw how someone actually manage to do it on youtube.

Thanks and looking forward to the solution!