I'va downloaded and installed the Aeronautica Militare Italiana - Tornado GR1 Desert Storm skin for bobrock's Tornado but the decals don't show up. This is what's in the .ini:

[Decal001]

MeshName=Tail

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

Reverse=

FilenameFormat=Tornado_GR1A/locusta/D/matricola

Position=-7.30,3.70

Scale=1

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal002]

MeshName=Tail

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=Tornado_GR1A/locusta/D/matricola

Position=-7.30,3.70

Scale=1

DecalMaxLOD=3

Do I need to correct something?

I usually just run around the room screaming and pulling my hair out....then start looking at pathways.

Where did you put the decals folder? Remembe, SF2 REQUIRES all decals to be IN the /Objects/Decals folder, with a named aircraft folder, and inside that, a named skin folder THEN the /D subfolder. (depending on HOW the pathway was written in the decals ini)

Using 1stGen pathways it would be something like this...(example only, using a generic names)

Objects

Decals

Toro_AMI

1Stromo

D

Or

/Saved Games/Strike Fighters 2/Objects/Decals/ *aircraftname*/*skinname*/D

I find this the simplest and easiest way; as no editing of the decals ini is required, and everything is nicely 'treed' in their own folders

wrench

kevin stein

I followed standard procedure for SF2 WOE:

.../Object/Decals/Tornado_GR1A/locusta/D/matricola

still decals are no show.

I thought bobrock's Tornado was an F.3?

can you post the link the aircraft download??? 'cause I can't find ANY GR1As in the SF2 d/ls section

wrench

kevin stein

Bobrocks Tornado is a F.3.

post please

1st: the link wich Aircraft you have downloadet

2nd: the link wich skin you have downloadet.

Edit: Kevin was faster.

:lol:

Edited by Soulfreak

:rofl:

which could very well be the basis of the problem ... wrong skin for wrong model, with mistached mesh names?

the only ones I can find are the AMI ECR and 2 IDS versions. OTH, the readme for the 'locusta' skins definetaly says GR1A. Maybe it's for 1stGEns?

wrench

kevin stein

The aircraft is found in Strike Fighters 1 Series by Thirdwire>SF/WO*Add-On Aicraft>Modern Era Aircraft>Tornado>Torando ECR/GR1A Pack by AD & Sundowner, posted by Dave72;

The skin is found in Strike Fighters 1 Series by Thirdwire>SF/WO*Add-On Aicraft Skins>Modern Era Aircraft>Tornado Skins>Aeronautica Militare Italiana - Tornado GR1 Desert Storm, posted by bobrock.

ok, first off, a point of order...when someone asks for a link, you post the URL... like this:

http://combatace.com/files/file/2524-tornado-ecrgr1a-pack/

keeps folks from having to stumble around trying to sift through all the other stuff.

Now, as to the aircrft and decals

TK specifies that a minimum of 18 level 2 decals (ID numbers, serials, etc) need to be used. This only has 8; and it uses a numbers.lst. With less than 18, even with a numbers list, is it EXTREAMLY possible to 'run off the end'. Did you look on the loadout screen, and see if individual numbers were being called out? What happens, if it's on the last number, NONE of them show.

Other than an old, outdated bunypak-style loadout ini (and the data ini needs the proper fuel tank names there, too), I had no problems just dropping everything in, and having numbers show up (see screenie below -- which I assume are the numbers at the top of the fin), with no editing of the decals ini whatsoever.

Needs a lot of little tweeks to the lights and stuff...maybe in 6 or 8 months when I can find the time.... :lol:

My suggestion: rename the numbers.lst to xnumbers.lst, and see what happens. Or do whatever

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench