Sign in to follow this  
X RAY

Latest patch TV/LGB frame rate issue

If found this in SF2I after the last patch,I was normally do a strike mission in a Sufa,so when I've selected the LGB's the frame rate incredibily slow down,looking thru cockpit screen,released both weapon,when target image disappears the frames comes higher again!

Did the same with Mavericks and Popeyes,Is there an entry value to change to let 'em enjoyable again?

I have had the same problem and worte about it here and at thirdwire. The only answer I got from TK is that it must

be my system or the video card. This does not make much sense to me since all works perfect before that patch.

I did all he said to do over there and nothing helped.

I have had the same problem and worte about it here and at thirdwire. The only answer I got from TK is that it must

be my system or the video card. This does not make much sense to me since all works perfect before that patch.

I did all he said to do over there and nothing helped.

I don't think is a problem related to the things he mentioned,my system can handle this all maxed out to unlimited,the drop appears only when i select TV or Laser weapons,once released all works well.

I hope he'll fix in a next patch,but maybe going back to Dec.09 is the best thing to do!

He won't know he has to fix it unless he knows it's not hardware related and introuduced only recently.

Just a heads up, I'm not experiencing this issue at all under DX9 in Windows XP.

Just a heads up, I'm not experiencing this issue at all under DX9 in Windows XP.

Fubar,Im using DX9 in XP!!!!

Maybe today I'll install into my Win/ HDD and give a try!

My temp cure is make 2 Thirdwire folders under Programs one with all 4 titles except SF2I expansion (Feb 2010 update) that cure the TV displays issues

And the other with the expansion just put a - in front of the unselected one.

Why this?

Cause in Suez crisis wartime (EXpansion pack plus Suez addon) you don't have to drop any LGB or TV guided missile and the Jun patch works well

selecting the other (Feb2010) you can easily drop anything you want from the late 60's to present!

A common bug to both installs is related to an F-16 Sufa bug it shows 2 tiny white rectangles in the tailplanes,did aniboy have experienced the same?

A common bug to both installs is related to an F-16 Sufa bug it shows 2 tiny white rectangles in the tailplanes,did aniboy have experienced the same?

I'll bet that those white rectangles are anomalies that only appear on some models under DX9.

I use XP ( not with the latest video drivers )and have the same TV/EO issue.. fps drop by ~50% with a target selected

Has someone had sucess with a video driver update to fix it ?

white rectangles, - thats caused by 3d mesh with no material assigned

I think thats a "no issue" for Vista/Win 7 users ... but I could be wrong.

OK, let's try this... I have 1024 mb of VRAM on my GTS 250, and I'm not suffering any appreciable loss of frame rate with the EO screen activated. Anyone with a similar amount of video RAM experiencing this issue?

1024 MB ATI 4890 here. Activating EO cuts my FPS from 60 to 40. Still plenty of FPS left, but the drop is noticeable.

1024Mb GTX 280

4 Gb's RAM

1tb Win XP sp3 HDD

1tb Win 7 ultimate 32bit HDD

All the Gen2 TW games goes unlimited and well ,except this issue where everyone is affected

I updated my vidoe card drivers with no success. Reduced all graphic settings to low.

Nothing has worked. Even created a clean copy with no mods and still had the problem.

I now use Dec. 2009 and look to be stuck there. TK is no longer giving this issue attention.

1024Mb GTX 280

4 Gb's RAM

1tb Win XP sp3 HDD

1tb Win 7 ultimate 32bit HDD

All the Gen2 TW games goes unlimited and well ,except this issue where everyone is affected

My bet is you wouldn't have it in WinXP.

Last change with the TV image was in May, it brought advanced shaders with it and my guess is something went wrong with the *.fx script...

I'll chime in here...

I'm running XP with a modest system, and seeing a significant FPS drop when the TV comes on. Never happened with any of the other patches. Something definitely changed with the last one...