Sign in to follow this  
SkyStrike

A small Request: Please enable resume downloads

Dear all,

i've got a request for the site administrators with reference to downloading files:

Please enable the servers to permit resuming downloads for partially downloaded files on download managers. The reason i'm requesting this is because download's can't be resumed. The reason i'm asking this is because

1) I'm only allowed about 5 downloads a day (i don't mind that)

2) When i download say a file; supposing the download fails it can't be resumed even if it's about 50% completed. when i try to resume the download i get an error message saying that the download can't be resumed. please fix this

3) when I try to download the file again and again, it just fails i only end up expendingall my 5 download attempts without even being able to download a single file

Please consider this humble request.

Thanks

Edited by Tomcat_ace

What browser and accelerator are you using specifically?

Ranging is allowed for partial file download and resuming. From my checks it's working as it should. Your download limits are being influenced by your download accelerator. I'll need the above to look into this further.

What browser and accelerator are you using specifically?

Ranging is allowed for partial file download and resuming. From my checks it's working as it should. Your download limits are being influenced by your download accelerator. I'll need the above to look into this further.

Dear Erik,

I'm using IE8 and my download manager's Orbit v.3.0.0. what i mean by download limits is that i'm allowed to download about 5 files a day from the CA website & I can't resume downloading partial files... As i said earlier all i end up doing is expending my 5 attempts for a single file...

Please could you help me out?

Much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Tomcat_ace

Is that UdoBot Dark Orbit?

Is there a reason you use a download manager / accelerator?

Is that UdoBot Dark Orbit?

Is there a reason you use a download manager / accelerator?

the orbit download manager I use can be found at www.orbitdownloader.com/.

I use a downlad manager because download speeds are quite slow in the place where I live. & there's heavy network traffic too...

Another issue: my 5 downloads/day has been reduced to just 1 download a day...

I can do some testing with this later. I have some more pressing issues to work on now.

For now consider switching your download accelerator / manager off when using this site.

I just did a quick test with Orbit software. We won't be supporting Orbit's use anytime soon.

For each download Orbit opens an entirely new connection via your local machine to the remote machine. That's abusive. In short if you have 20 downloads available to you per day and you set Orbit to open 20 connections you will use all 20 downloads on one file.

Point in case, your recent download of: F-23A Black Widow II Ver 3.0 for SF2 connected 20 times which filled your download limit.

The only solution I have for you if you want to continue to use that file rape software is to buy a subscription which will remove your download limits, otherwise turn it off.

Thanks and sorry I couldn't be more help.