ARRRGHHHHH !!!!!!! can someone please post some clear instructions on building and animating........please out it in a level a moron--> me can unsersatnd

Ed, build the Brakechute just like you want and map it. The "difficult" part is to animate it, but if you know how to, it´s pretty simple. You´ll have to notice some rules.

-First set the controllers of your chute to "position", "euler" and "bezier" instead of the usual "TCB".

-Make sure you use all Keys in the filter option.

-Animate your chute by scaling it, you´ll notice it will be in an off position, leave it! You cannot scale AND move a mesh in such an animation.

-Create a little box (use here again the "TCB" controllers!) and link the chute to this, with animating that box to move, you can move the chute with it!

That´s it, here is a pic to see the controller and ke settings.

post-2314-074000200 1281076593.jpg

Hope this helps, if you´re still stuck, tell me, i can send you a source file wich has the chute animated!

Ed, build the Brakechute just like you want and map it. The "difficult" part is to animate it, but if you know how to, it´s pretty simple. You´ll have to notice some rules.

-First set the controllers of your chute to "position", "euler" and "bezier" instead of the usual "TCB".

-Make sure you use all Keys in the filter option.

-Animate your chute by scaling it, you´ll notice it will be in an off position, leave it! You cannot scale AND move a mesh in such an animation.

-Create a little box (use here again the "TCB" controllers!) and link the chute to this, with animating that box to move, you can move the chute with it!

That´s it, here is a pic to see the controller and ke settings.

post-2314-074000200 1281076593.jpg

Hope this helps, if you´re still stuck, tell me, i can send you a source file wich has the chute animated!

where is the start and finish on the animation slider ? 10-20 ? 20-30 ?

that would be Great.

Just noticed the animation here is starting at Frame 71 and ends at Frame 80. It´s hidden behind the key filter menu! :grin: Like all other animations, you start at X1 and (X+1)0, for example 1-10 is AnimationID=1, 11-20 is AnimationID=2, etc.

You know a brake chute isn´t working really in game, all chutes modeled on aircrafts around are set up as additional airbrakes.

This would be the part to use in the Data.ini for example:

[Chute]

SystemType=AIRBRAKE

DeployTime=1.0 <-Give the chute a bit time to deploy

RetractTime=0.05 <-Make this very small to not have it retract visible

AnimationID=10

ModelNodeName= <-You don´t need this

DragArea=50.00 <-Make this braking your aircraft down

MaxDeploySpeed=150.00

BlowbackSpeed=160.00

DeployWhenOnGears=TRUE <-Make sure to add this, so the chute isn´t deployed in mid air

// FullyDeployOnGround=TRUE

1.-Create a little box (use here again the "TCB" controllers!) and link the chute to this, with animating that box to move, you can move the chute with it!

dont understand this...

2. also how do i compress chute...say i have animation set to 7......61 would be fully closed and 70 fully open ?

3. also useing auto or set key ?

4. compress how, by selecting chute then using non or uniform scale ?

1.-Create a little box (use here again the "TCB" controllers!) and link the chute to this, with animating that box to move, you can move the chute with it!

dont understand this...

2. also how do i compress chute...say i have animation set to 7......61 would be fully closed and 70 fully open ?

3. also useing auto or set key ?

4. compress how, by selecting chute then using non or uniform scale ?

1. You cannot move the chute, as the game won´t recognize this due to the controllers you need for the scaling animation. You must link the chute to some part of your aircraft wich moves in such a manner, that the chute is right in place. Think of it like a "deployer" who pushes the chute out of his compartment, as itself is not able to.

2. Yes, 61 would be closed, 70 fully opened is AnimationID=7.

3. I use set key, don´t know if auto key works.

4. You must have mapped the chute allready, then rightclick on it and select "create editable mesh". Now select all points of it and scale them down with the scale tool you prefer. Don´t forget to set key before you scale it down at Frame 70 for example and move the slider to 61. Now scale it down and set the key at 61.

I missing something...chute stays small(( see pic))

post-11906-075909200 1281214990.jpg

veltro...check that the keys for the chute anim arent reversed...swap them round...move say keys on frame 1 01* to 10* and 10 to 01 (or whichever slot the anim is on)on frames ...

Edited by russouk2004

Hi Veltro2k,Did you ever get that brake chute thing figured out?Would be nice to have on the F-4's.Thanks.

Hi Veltro2k,Did you ever get that brake chute thing figured out?Would be nice to have on the F-4's.Thanks.

You probably don't know this (yet), but:

1) One cannot add animations to models that are not already there to begin with

2) Only the model's developer (or someone with the original source file) can add animations and other physical features to a model.

You are right Fubar!

But f.e. YAP birds have got some faked Brake chutes added.

I think via fake pilot method or something like this...

It uses the brake chute like a weapon in the bomb bay. I actually designed something similar....you could 'drop' the chute and it would lie there on the ground. Was possible to use with any aircraft that did not have a bomb bay.

FC

It uses the brake chute like a weapon in the bomb bay. I actually designed something similar....you could 'drop' the chute and it would lie there on the ground. Was possible to use with any aircraft that did not have a bomb bay.

FC

That sounds very interesting FC.

How does that work exactly?