Is someone going to go overthat mod and fix the Bugs ? I personaly would like to have it ,,and maybe while their fixing it add some over England and Germany bombimg Campaigns ...oh yeak almost forgot I could also use a Million Dollars :rofl:

Edited by Veltro2k

a couple of years back, I'd started retargeting the old Euro WW2 ... but its fallen by the wayside due to all the other terrai projects, and the fact the map itself is pretty messed up. (last time I worked on, checking the targets ini, was 10/09)

The tiles are pretty bad (and the winter and summer sets are completly mis-matched -- things are NOT in the same places between the 2), and there's a lot of height field problems, terrain effect issues and such. Don't know when I'll get back to it. I'm having a 'crisis of faith' with my WW2 stuff, mostly due to having to go to Win7 on the new machine (I've put nearly 5 years into all the WW2 rebuilds, only to have to turn off all the terrain effects, so the damn game don't crash at the 06 level. Going to 08 fixes the terrains, but the aircraft FMs go to s**t!)

But if a Terrain Guru ™ wants to take it on, I'll be glad to pass what I've done, and a complete Terrain Editor ONLY for WW2 EAW, to whomever wants to try. What it REALLY needs it to be completely retiled, using the latest GermanyCE 4 seaons set (which, unfortunatly will only work in 08/SF2), but failing that, at least to the standard GermanyCE tiles set for spring/summer/fall -- the stock tiles will work 'good enough' for that

It's partly retiled, with "new" imported Airbase (AB) tiles for lots of places, but it lack proper transitions from city to airbase or farm to airbase, etc.

wrench

kevin stein

Well, in my (tiny) mind, the hardest part of a terrain is having a high quality set of terrain tiles to use. The other stuff are just details... Hi-Fi Terrain Tiles are works of art. Any fine sets available for use? Some things are easily farmed out in sections for group effort...

Stary's 4 Season GermanyCE. But seasonal changes ONLY work at 08 patch and above. Of course, one would use the stock tiles in the TE for placement, so a finished product (albeit just the one season) is not too terribly difficult. Massively time consuming, but doable (if one has no outside life! :rofl: ) Then, the targets ini has to be completely rebuilt; we all know how long that takes!

I do gotta say, having retiled several terrains from the old BN series to either GrmanyCE or VietamSEA, it's a real PIA -since all pre-existing data inis, texture lists have to be tossed (retiling the Solomons to VNSEA was a nightmare!, but the results were worth it, IMO.)

wrench

kevin stein