Sign in to follow this  
vonOben

Dead is NOT dead?

Hi

What’s up with the Dead is Dead setting in OFF workshop?

In several occasions when the aircraft gets damaged the mission ends abruptly but I’m not considered as dead. Sometime the screen got all read but the OFF Manager doesn’t consider me as dead anyway. In these occasions I assume I should be dead, so I kill my pilot myself.

What’s going on? :dunno:

Cheers

vonOben

The OFF Manager will tell you when you're dead, or when you are in hospital.

There are other occasions, were it looks like you should be dead, but aren't.

Like when your wingless craft falls from 2.000 feet vertically.

So I assume, that they hadn't found a way yet to blend the facts (dead or not dead)

with the scenario that really fits it - maybe in P4?

Your way of deciding the pilot is dead, is a good way to reach full DiD, I think.

Sometimes you just get lucky and don't die. At least in my case, those happy occasions are far too rare.

I've become a bit of a fan of the "Dice Roll" lately myself. There have been so many real life plane crashes over the years where people have walked away from wreckage you look at and think, "How could anyone have survived that?" Strange things happen sometimes.

I've become a bit of a fan of the "Dice Roll" lately myself. There have been so many real life plane crashes over the years where people have walked away from wreckage you look at and think, "How could anyone have survived that?" Strange things happen sometimes.

Yes CFS3 occasionally allows the pilot to walk away from the crash - always has.

This in itself is not unrealistic - the problem is that CFS3 never reports the incident or any injury in the outcomes file so we are not aware that anything happened in the manager.

We are looking into this in P4 but for P3 its a CFS3 limitation that will stay.

WM

Yes CFS3 occasionally allows the pilot to walk away from the crash - always has.

This in itself is not unrealistic - the problem is that CFS3 never reports the incident or any injury in the outcomes file so we are not aware that anything happened in the manager.

WM

Hi WM

It would be very nice if you could improve this, thanks! :good:

Cheers

vonOben

WM

It seems P4 will have a major overhaul.

Fantastic. :good:

Guest British_eh

Hi there,

I have noticed that especially in Quick Combat, certain death is not recorded. Even flying Campaign the other day, the outcomes weren't recorded. It seems to be more prevalent in the HITR update, though I couldn't be sure.

Cheers,

British_eh

Thanks guys, as WM says if we can find round it we will in P4.