Sign in to follow this  
SkyStrike

No afterburner effects for downloaded aircraft in SF2 series; Requesting help

Dear all,

i've recently downloaded the F-22 & F-23 for the Sf-2 series & they're very good (esp. with the automatic bay doors)

I'm experiencing a small problem though... I copied all the folders from the respective archives into the Users >>>Saved games>>>Thirdwire>>>SF2. and allowed the files to overwrite as mentioned in the readme.

Although the 'effects' folder is present in the thirdwire folder ( with the appropriate contents). the afrerburner effects are not visible in the game. (for add-on a/c only)

I use an ATI mobility Radeon HD4650 video card , with a core 2 duo with windows 7 home premium 32 bit and my SF-2 installation is a merged copy of SF2: Vietnam, Europe & Israel updated to june 2010.

Please could someone help me as to what i'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Tomcat_ace

have you tried changing them to a stock afterburner effect, to see if it's working? I'd reccomend the Eagles

open the data ini, scroll down to the Engine section, and use this:

EagleAfterburnerEmitter

wrench

kevin stein

have you tried changing them to a stock afterburner effect, to see if it's working? I'd reccomend the Eagles

open the data ini, scroll down to the Engine section, and use this:

EagleAfterburnerEmitter

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Mr. Wrench.. it worked.... but i'd like to ask you something if you don't mind: Is it because of my video card the AB effects didn't display properly? ( i'm certain that i exactly followed the instructions in the readme)

note SF2 has already been changed so some SF2 jets will be out of date already without being updated by the authors.

(for example see #31 from Feb 2010)

exactly, the initial version of SF2 was without the new shader stuff

All the early SF2 mods ( ~ pre december 2009 / early 2010 ) still need the shader updates for avionics (HUD) and effects

exactly, the initial version of SF2 was without the new shader stuff

All the early SF2 mods ( ~ pre december 2009 / early 2010 ) still need the shader updates for avionics (HUD) and effects

note SF2 has already been changed so some SF2 jets will be out of date already without being updated by the authors.

(for example see #31 from Feb 2010)

Thank you very much, Gentlemen; your suggestions did the trick :)