Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

Paul Blum's Story: A BHaH Pilot's Saga

Greetings All,

I've been gone most of this week and got back late last night, so I will hopefully be getting caught up this weekend on all the latest happenings around here. In the meantime, I wanted to share with you my latest idea on how to improve the continuity of my current campaign pilot's ongoing story. As some of you know, I began several weeks ago documenting Paul Blum's career with FFA 48 over in the "Reports From The Front" thread and will continue to do so. But rather than inserting the new episodes and letters and such directly into my posts I will instead be inserting the following link, which will take you to an actual page I have built just for this pilot.

Here it is:

Paul Blum's Story

I believe this gives a much better flow to the story and allows for a more traditional reading experience. Perhaps some of you other OFF writers have access to some web space that you could park a page on for this purpose. If so, you should consider this for your pilot's who survive long enough to have a fuller story fleshed out around them. It would be great for folks like me who enjoy reading through the entire storylines. Now, I hope you will enjoy the latest installment of Paul's ongoing adventure, and the new format it is being offered in.

Cheers!

Lou

Edited by RAF_Louvert
  • Like 1

That's great work Lou.

Pls post some family photos of Paul.

Love ur work.

• Like 1

Very nice, Lou. And reminder to me that when I've time to lay my hand to a joystick once more I must continue Jonty Tepes' tale in Naval 10.

• Like 1

Many thanks Morris and Dej, much appreciated Sirs.

Morris, I'll see what I can come up with for photos of Paul's family. His pilot photo I already have.

Dej, please do get back to that Jonty Tepes' tale of yours and post it.

Cheers!

Lou

Lou, this is amazing. I wish I had the time and skills to do something comparable. :drinks:

Just try to keep him alive. With such a story, it would be a shame to see Herr Blum perish quickly.

Thank you Hasse Wind and Herr Prop-Wasche, I'm glad to know you are enjoying Paul's adventures so far. And I too hope he will enjoy a long virtual life. I have posted the next installment of his story, and there are new developments concerning his current leave in Stuttgart and his meeting with the King, (and Queen):

Paul Blum's Story

Cheers!

Lou

Wow. Lou, this is really good! And, I agree, more pix. :salute:

Thank you rabu, it's good to know you are enjoying it Sir. And, as you and Morris have requested it, I've included a family photo with the latest installment I've just posted:

Paul Blum's Story

Cheers!

Lou

absolutely amazing :salute: .

did i mention that it's absolutely amazing?

wow :drinks: .

Wonderful reading was a pleasant read.

Makes me want to get back in my kite and start flying again... shame my kites 1200miles away...

Edited by Slartibartfast

This family stuff is all jolly nice and that, but get the lad back to the Palace... I reckon he could be in there with her Maj. :grin::wink:

hee, hee...Paul's been back to the Palace already, and has returned to camp only to have no flights due to rain. But he did have time to write a letter to his dear mother before heading off to a party at the mess tonight, (refresh your browser if you're not seeing the latest additions to the page, Dej).

I'm glad to know you Gents are enjoying Blum's saga. Thanks Dej, Slarti, and Creaghorn.

Paul Blum's Story

Cheers!

Lou

I certainly hope Paul and Sophie meet again--in the meantime, the war will rage on. Another fine chapter, Lou

Marvelous storytelling, Lou! I am only half way through reading, but can tell you have had some interesting exploits. I particularly like the way you have sprinkled in the authentic German words and awards--really adds to the atmosphere of the piece!

To Herr Blum: Zum Wohl!

Thanks Herr Prop-Wasche. I thought the use of a few German words and phrases now and then, as well as historical characters and items would help to build the overall mood.

Two more days of rain in the Alsace, so Paul and Karl haven't had much to do in terms of flying.

Cheers!

Lou

Great story telling and photos Lou.

:salute:

M

Thank you Morris, glad to know you are finding it entertaining.

Ras, apologies for missing your last post, and thank you for your kudos as well. I too hope Paul survives long enough to meet Sophie again, though it was touch and go this morning for a while as the latest installment of this saga will show.

Paul Blum's Story

Cheers!

Lou

Fabulous write-up Lou. Very gripping. Sometimes, when the aces really fly like aces the immersion is total and I certainly felt that in this last installment. Paul had better take care of himself (or rather you of him :grin: - 'grats for getting your bird down almost in one piece).

A brilliant piece of reading. Loved every minute of it. Keep up the good work. Dare I say i'm actually becoming fond of Paul although i'm in the RFC flying Camels!!

Thanks Dej, I was going for gripping. :smile: I have to say that particular fight was one of the most exciting and intense I've had in OFF in quite some time, because of the vested interest I now have in Blum. And I have never been stalked by an ace before in this sim. It was a rush.

jamieandnici, many thanks as well. I am glad to know you also are enjoying Paul's saga. And a Camel man all the way here as well. I have been flying the Camel at least 70% of the time since getting into BHaH and it is still my favorite kite, always has been, even in my RB3D days. Truth be told, this is the first real campaign I've flown for the Hun side since getting into OFF, and it has been an enlightening adventure to date.

Cheers!

Lou

I had to stop reading before your meeting with lovely Sophie, so now I have additional incentive to keep reading. When in Rome, so, cherchez la femme!

Guest British_eh

The gaunlet has been taken up by the K vs K Campaign writers, and now RAF adding yet another chapter to entertain. Perhaps a book should be in the offing, a collection of short stories?

You know, it really is quite special, and FREE! Who needs a movie or a book, I have OFF.:clapping:

Cheers,

British_eh

Herr Prop-Wasche and British_eh, glad to know you Gents are enjoying Paul's story. I hope to add the next installment in the next couple of days, (been a busy weekend here).

Cheers!

Lou

One minor quibble--I don't think Queen Charlotte would have allowed herself to join the "mile-high club" with Herr Blum alone in his kite, even if he is a war hero and owner of an Iron Cross, first class! The scandal!

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche