Winder

What OS are you running OFF on?

66 members have voted

1. 1. What OS?

• XP
    • Vista
    • Win7 (32 or 64)
    • Other (specify)

XP... makes sense as everything I run works just fine on it...

Guest British_eh

Hi there.

Voted XP, but will soon run ( by end Sept.) on Windows 7.

Cheers,

British_eh

XP Pro 32bit SP3 and it runs great, especially since upgrading my video card from an old 8800 gts 320mb to a reasonably priced GTS 250 1GB I also added a couple of sticks of RAM for very little $ so I now have 4GB of PC2-6400 800MHz installed (yea, I know, XP can only use 3GB, but I may next get Windows 7) still using my dual core 2.4GHz processor. Just did all this recently, so am still experimenting with settings in OFF.

Win7 64-Bit.............wouldn't go back to XP if you payed me. Not that there's anything terribly wrong with that OS, but it would almost be like going from XP back to Windows 98 as far as I'm concerned

Cheers,

Parky

Win7 64-Bit.............wouldn't go back to XP if you payed me. Not that there's anything terribly wrong with that OS, but it would almost be like going from XP back to Windows 98 as far as I'm concerned

Cheers,

Parky

Ditto. I still run XP SP3 on several of my older machines, but Windows7 64 bit has been a real joy to use, Never thought I'd say that about a MS operating system, and I've suffered along with just about every version since Windows 2.0.

Anyone got DOS??? Thats when I was last truly happy with an OS!!! At least the crashes I caused... :grin:

Anyone got DOS??? Thats when I was last truly happy with an OS!!! At least the crashes I caused... :grin:

Using XP SP3, and no intention of upgraging or downgrading as most XP users would say.

But yes I still have a PC capable of running DOS

Cheers MarkL

OFF runs great on my Win7 32bit install, and performance doesn't appear to be any better or worse than with XP. I run 32bit because I'm still using a gameport joystick (won't work at all under 64bit, but it will in 32bit with a workaround).

XP Pro sp3...why fix what aint broken?

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Hi Winder,

<sweet, innocent mode>

Can we have a version that runs on Ubuntu linux please?

</sweet, innocent mode>

Cheers,

Si

I've dual boot and have it installed in both systems, XP and Win7.

With OFF and in my rig, I've less TrackIR stuttering with XP than with Win7.

So I play OFF more often in XP.

I have 32 bit Win XP SP3 installed on the PC I use for playing my flight sims. I also have a laptop with Win 7 on it, but I haven't tried OFF with it. OFF works so well on XP (just like my other sims, none of which seems to gain any benefit from newer Windows OS's) that I have really no need to upgrade it.

I'm running OFF on Windows Vista.

Heard lots of bad things about Vista, but I never had any problems.

A friend set it up and tweaked and tuned it, and he has done a great job surely.

The way to go must be Windows 7 64-Bit. And for the C: drive an SSD - should be heaven!

I'm running OFF on Windows Vista.

Heard lots of bad things about Vista, but I never had any problems.

A friend set it up and tweaked and tuned it, and he has done a great job surely.

The way to go must be Windows 7 64-Bit. And for the C: drive an SSD - should be heaven!

'The way to go', is to make it available for as many O/S choices as possible!

It's easy to be an OFF fanatic..but it's a commercial product, and therefore must appeal to more than the DID crowd, or the newest O/S brigade (imho)

XP Pro 64-bit for me. All of the speed with none of the glitchiness.

Widow, I didn't mean the way to go for OFF, but for users, who want to update their rig.

For the sim, you are right: it should work with more than the latest version.

Lou, I think, Vista can (and in my case does) run as fine as XP, and maybe better.

But you need far more knowledge to set it up that way.

Edited by Olham

I'am on vista 64 and not had any problems.

Widow, I didn't mean the way to go for OFF, but for users, who want to update their rig.

Ah, sorry m8..misunderstood you :drinks: