Sign in to follow this  
FlashGordon

Decals on new aircraft textures won't work!

Another rookie problem.... On every new skin I download for WOV (Oct. 08 patch), all but the basic color and texture are missing. The USA marking does appear though. I read all the topics I could find on this, and have triple-checked that the directories in the decals.ini are full, correct, etc. Specifically, the VF-11 skin for the MF F-8D is missing its tailfin markings (but has all others), an F-4B VF-11 skin in the pack posted by Dave 72 here (http://combatace.com...rld-of-f-4bjn/) is missing all the decals, having only what is on the main texture of that skin and US markings. No letters, numbers, Red Rippers insignia, etc. Also the Red Rippers skin for one of the two F/A-18F's named VFA-11_lowviz has the same problem, gray with US insignia and weathered texture, no markings otherwise. Again, I checked all of decals.ini directories in each, everything. Thanks.

Oh and same problem for the VF-11 skin Mirage Factory F-14A....

Edited by FlashGordon

Are you running WOV, Or WOE? Both have a problem with decal tga's, If a aircraft has less then the stock number of number decals (00 to 99) you will have no shows as the game cycles. You can add a numbers list, but it wont stop the no shows. Also is it just numbers? I have the FA 18 F and it shows fine. Where are you putting the decal .tga's?

Raven

Edited by RAVEN

WOV. Yes, that's one of the textures in question... Mine is missing the Rippers logo, AC tail code, ship's name and USN markings between the wing and horizontal tail fins, and the "VFA-11" written on the upper mid fuselage. It has the USA markings on fore fuselage and wings, the numbers (on yours, 106) work, and (is this correct?) the stepping area on the forward part of the left LEX work, as all those are part of he basic texture but the numbers. I have them where they came, in the "D" folder, In the VFA11_lowviz folder, in the FA-18F folder.

Edited by FlashGordon