Sign in to follow this  
SkyStrike

Visual anomalies in F-15s in SF2 Requesting help

Dear All,

I've recentlly downloaded the F-15 Superpack & the F-15D ACTIVE.... i'm really enjoying them & i'm very grateful to those who made them.. Hat's off to all those involved.....

However i'm experiencing visual anomalies in the F-15D ACTIVE where the plane's shadow doesn't show, the skin/shadow isn't displaying properly & the cockpit has a double HUD...

And the F-15SG has a double cockpit.....

I followed the instructions exactly (& i also reas that the cockpit is a beta in the eagle Superpack) but the SG's cockpit is only affected all others are A-OK.... i'm posting screenshots below

Please could someone guide me as to what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks . Much appreciated

post-27662-065120600 1281367701.jpg

post-27662-022710100 1281367728.jpg

post-27662-083223500 1281367766.jpg

Edited by Tomcat_ace

When did you download this? And are you running the latest patch?

I downloaded the superpack yesterday & yes i'm running the latest patch (June 2010) for a merged installation of SF2 Vietnam , Europe & israel)

As for the active i downloaded it about 2 days back from the C5 website & used the F-15d's cocpit from the superpack.....

Edited by Tomcat_ace

Also try this, in the cockpit section of the F-15E , its in one of the ini's, forgive me I can not not remember which. Check out what the numbers are in there and compare that to the SG's numbers. If the SG's are different give it the F-15E's numbers and check th result. Not sure what to tell you about the Active though.

i'm also experiencing aimilar probs with the F-35 pack for SF-2 i downloaded just a few minutes back.... screenshot below. please help:

post-27662-003655600 1281370225.jpg

The cockpit is going to need adjusting since the latest patch for the F-35.

Also try this, in the cockpit section of the F-15E , its in one of the ini's, forgive me I can not not remember which. Check out what the numbers are in there and compare that to the SG's numbers. If the SG's are different give it the F-15E's numbers and check th result. Not sure what to tell you about the Active though.

Dear USAFMTL,

i tried what you suggested; i compared the ini files, the entries for the cockpit for the F-15 E & F-15 SG are exactly the same.... i even copied the f-15 E's .ini's to the Sg's folder & renamed them accordingly.. still getting the double cockpit...

Dear USAFMTL,

i tried what you suggested; i compared the ini files, the entries for the cockpit for the F-15 E & F-15 SG are exactly the same.... i even copied the f-15 E's .ini's to the Sg's folder & renamed them accordingly.. still getting the double cockpit...

Hmm, that is odd. Need to get FastCargo in here and see if he has any ideas. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

The cockpit is going to need adjusting since the latest patch for the F-35.

So you're saying that this anomaly for the F-35 will be experienced by all those who

download it? Have I understood you correctly?

Edited by Tomcat_ace

Hmm, that is odd. Need to get FastCargo in here and see if he has any ideas. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

It's ok... thanks for looking in to it..... no probs

So you're saying that this anomaly for the F-35 will be experienced by all those who

download it? Have I understood you correctly?

Its possible, I would have to download it and check it for myself. This is the first I have heard of it though.

There will be several aircraft with double cockpits since the latest patch. TK lowered the NearClipDistance significantly which is causing the problem. The F-35 and F-15 ACTIVE are several patches behind. As far as the F-15SG goes, I'll take a look later on to see if I missed something.

FC

Find this in the F-15SG data.ini:

[Nose]

ParentComponentName=Fuselage

ModelNodeName=Nose

Change it to this:

[Nose]

ParentComponentName=Fuselage

ModelNodeName=Fuselage_Forward

Showfromcockpit=FALSE

That should be it.

FC

Find this in the F-15SG data.ini:

Change it to this:

That should be it.

FC

Thanks a lot FC....i'll try it out

i have a couple of questions if you don't mind:..... You said that the ACTIVE & JSF are a few patches behind right? Let's say I don't apply the patches, yet install these aircraft what would be the result in terms of pros & cons

In the latest patch the "call for help" radio command now works.