Sign in to follow this  
Dave

A Moment If I Could

I just posted this a minute ago,

http://combatace.com/topic/56291-remembering-the-fallen/page__view__findpost__p__434095

Here is the full article about him,

http://militarytimes.com/valor/marine-pfc-juan-guadalupe-garza-jr/256625/

The reason I bring this up may seem kind of weird as I never met the person. However I know his widow. Casey has been a good friend of Sheila and I for a few years now. Casey is now remarried, has a couple of great kids. She is still in the Army and is an E-5P. Casey just got stationed back here at WPAFB after a short stint at Bremerton, Washington. She gave Sheila and I some seriously close insight on how its been since her Marine was killed over 7 years ago. Casey showed us pictures of her and Juan in high school, their engagament, their marriage, before he deployed and his funeral. The pictures look like they were taken just yesterday. Very moving. She told us how she gave the flag that draped his coffin to his family as she kept the flag that the Marines put on his body. That flag has his blood on it. As they were taking him to the evac chopper there is video of it, his arm falls out gurny. His last moments on earth are very well documented. So I told Casey I would post this as I was very moved by it. As I said, I never met PFC Garza, but I feel like I know him.

:salute:

If the Army and the Navy...................,they will find the streets are guarded by PFC. Juan Garza on patrol.

SEMPER FI,MARINE!!! :salute:

Edited by ezlead

Semper Fi PFC Garza. We'll remember you and that you gave the ultimate sacrifice for us. Dave, tell his widow that we in my family care.