Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

Where's Uncleal?

Al always backed me up, nice bloke.

I like colorful people, they liven things up. I prefer not to be nannied and i like it when people speak their mind. Especially when i disagree with them, makes it much more interesting for everyone.

Most of this is all water under the bridge at this point.

I'll take responsibility for this as it ultimately was a basic difference of opinion coupled with an inability to fit this into my schedule. While I probably won't win any popularity contests around here I'm responsible for and handle more than most care to even imagine. A full time day job, family, social life, managing upwards of 60 emails a day (just for this site), managing multiple sites affiliated with CombatACE, millions of lines of code base, and a network of equipment that keeps us humming along leaves me little time to deal with long drawn out issues. Coupled with my desire to want to please the masses sans the razor edge dictatorial absolutes I opened Pandora's Box with some decisions about acceptability and posting standards. All in all it culminated in a divide where the decision was binary but not permanent. Whether Al decides to post here again is up to him. Throughout all of this Al's ability was never severed and he's been free to resume posting for some time now. I do with all good faith, and the hopeful support of the community, pray there's some kind of understanding that I'm just human like the rest of you.

My sincerest apologies where due.

Erik

Uncleal doesn't know he can already post. He thought he could only pm.

I'm pretty sure that he will resume his activity in this forum, once he acknowledges that.

Thanks Erik. :good:

Uncleal, welcome home again.

The novice pay the beers. :drinks:

Must have forgotten to check your hawgleg at the door huh Unc?

Edited by Cameljockey

Welcome back Unc

Thanks Erik. You can only do what you can do no more, we know the feeling in the OFF team burning the candle at two ends and the middle ;). Welcome back uncleal hopefully the helpful one can stay longer :).

All's well that ends well. Erik sir thanks for all you do. Uncleal thanks for not walking away.

Hi,

good to hear ! Welcome back UncleAl, the forums would not be the same without you :grin:

And thanks Eric for an explanation, where you would not have had to explain anything (gawd i hope i said this right) - +1 and nice to see, thanks !

Greetings,

Catfish

I'm sure most of us understand overworked and underappreciated Erik. No harm done it seems and that's a great thing. Thank you for the explanation.

Welcome back Uncleal. :drinks:

Hellshade

Eric:

No need to apologize, I see nothing wrong that you did.. if Uncle needs a boot in the pants occasionally that's what he wants.. always knew that guy was a masochis... you probably just booted the wrong side. Anyway, I think we all appreciate all you do, you have a huge, mosty thankless, job.

Uncle:

Welcome back, that window trick might be just what you need .. it sure worked on my dog.. but try a vetinarian, much less painless. :grin:

Ahem!!!

-that's with my official forage cap on...:nono:

Good to see you back, Uncle.

By the way, I slammed a widow down on my ********* once - she didn't much appreciate it :lol:.

Ahem!!!

That was just clumsiness at the keyboard. Really it was......honest. What he meant to say was that he'd slammed a window on his spectacles, which is a shame actually, because he's virtually blind without 'em.....;)

Btw Eric,

Thanks kindly for the clarification. There was no explanation needed, and certainly no need for any kind of apology. We all appreciate the efforts you put forth to make this a comfortable and enjoyable environment for all concerned. It goes without saying that you and the other mods do an outstanding job and it really doesn't go unnoticed.

Cheers,

Parky

P.S.

(Welcome back, Al)

Ahem!!!

Apologies, consider my wrist slapped.

Just get him back already.....

Yes, spectacles.. that's the ticket! rofl.gif

Welcome back Uncle!