Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

Sound Problems With SF2 & Windows7

Lately I've been getting pop-up messages when starting up SF2 stating that my current colour scheme is using up a lot of memory, then asking if I wanted to switch my scheme to Windows 7 Basic. I always clicked on the option to not switch but to be reminded if this happened again.

Eventually I got sick of getting these pop up messages so I clicked on the option to switch to Windows 7 Basic. THAT'S when my sound problems started. Not only did it change my colour scheme but it screwed up my sounds big time; all of a sudden my PC sounded like a Windows 95 job. What it also did was screwed up the sounds in all my SF2 titles. Engines, afterburners, flaps and landing gear sounds are now at best at around 25% of their original volume. Funny thing is that all other sounds, including windloops, are perfect

I eventually got my Windows sounds back to the way they were, BUT, I still have these sound problems in my SF2 games.

Ideas anybody?

:help:

Right so it plays the sounds okay but some of them are at a different volume?

Assuming it didnt like the Aero interface - it should have just changed to the Win 7 Basic theme - thats what I use but it didnt affect any sound levels.

Check the volume levels in Windows and on the sound software for the sound chipset if you have any - also check the sound level sliders in the SF2 options.

If you select the Aero theme you used to use (right click on the desktop, go to Personalize and change the theme to something else) are the issues still there? I think the sounds are related to the themes but need to check - not something I givea a toss about myself.

Sounds exactly like the problem I'm having! Only difference is my voice and IR growl are about that same 25% of everything else.

Something else must have changed somewhere that's causing this in both of us. I've got W7 with Aero on and its still giving me a problem.

Check the volume levels in Windows - Done. No changes there

and on the sound software for the sound chipset if you have any - I honestly wouldn't know were to start looking for that

also check the sound level sliders in the SF2 options - no changes were made there. They're still at the same level they were before

If you select the Aero theme you used to use (right click on the desktop, go to Personalize and change the theme to something else) are the issues still there? - Spent the last two days messing about with these themes. I'm not sure what theme it was at before this happened but the scheme seems to be the way it was

I was just thinking thereif I did a system restore to say, four days ago when I did a system update, would it restore my schemes to the way they were; sounds included?

I was just thinking there if I did a system restore to say, four days ago when I did a system update, would it restore my schemes to the way they were; sounds included?

Problem solved. I restored my PC to the last time I installed something four days ago. The sounds are back to the way they should be :yes:

Eraser; you should try the same if this is something that happened to your PC recently. Just don't forget to back up any files or folders that you've modified since then

Considering I've installed quite alot since then, and encountered the problem from first installing it (after reinstalling my operating system) I don't have a baseline where everything did work properly.

Looks like you're f**ked so on that count. Unless you check all your restore dates. If you're running Windows 7 you can restore it roughly to around the time you got it. Unless of course you've installed a s**t load of programs and software since then

post-29988-012662200 1281483233.jpg