Sign in to follow this  
vonOben

Flying time still not correct?

Hi

I've followed the tip from RAF_Louvert and corrected my flying time like this:

Find your Pilot**Log.txt file that are located in your \CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\Pilots folder

Open Pilot**Log.txt and correct the flying time.

In the OFF Manager Log book the times are displayed correctly, but the total time doesn't match with the time in the log book.

For example if I add the actual flying time from the log bok it becomes 2,7 hours, but the total time that the Off manger displays is 1,9 hours. :blink:

Do I have to make more corrections than in the Pilot**Log.txt or is it the OFF Manager that can't count time properly?

Cheers

vonOben

Hi

Find your Pilot**Log.txt file that are located in your \CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\Pilots folder

In the OFF Manager Log book the times are displayed correctly, but the total time doesn't match with the time in the log book.

For example if I add the actual flying time from the log bok it becomes 2,7 hours, but the total time that the Off manger displays is 1,9 hours. :blink:

Do I have to make more corrections than in the Pilot**Log.txt or is it the OFF Manager that can't count time properly?

Cheers

vonOben

No one has reported an issue like this so you will have to see what consensus says - try seeing if others have the same issue.

If there is a bug then it will only be fixed in P4.

Try to enjoy the sim withouth getting anal about minor issues - you seem to not be happy with OFF and constantly try to nit pick - try ROF.

WM

Ignore mode on.

I've had this happen to me many times. I and others noticed it when logging the 17 hours in two seaters in the Krauts and Krumpets DiD campaign. From what we could determine it appeared to be caused by pausing the sim, even for just a couple seconds. If you pause, try a few missions without pausing and see if that has improves the accuracy of the time logging.

The time has always been flawless for me. It always tells me right after I die that it's time to make a new pilot. What more could I ask for? :lol:

Seriously though, I'd trying running a few missions without pausing or using the warp option, just to see if either of those time altering mechanics are somehow messing up the Workshop time.

Hellshade

I've never paid that too much attention to this myself, but it seems that some people have more problems with the flight hours than others. In my case, I think the hours shown in my pilot book correspond quite well with the hours I actually flew.

It has happened to me a fair bit. My recollection is that at least a few people talked about it here in the past, perhaps in one of the DID campaign threads (because we were trying to keep accurate records of time flown in DID). Anyway, I thought the lost-time thing was a well know and fairly common problem. Shows you what I know :) Nevertheless, not pausing the game during flight seems to have cured most of this issue for me.

Whenever I have had the problem in the past, I run the "mission replay" function and consult the mission time when I landed to get the correct flight time. The mission replay always seems to properly record the time, unlike the Manager which must calculate the time a different way and often gives a reduced time compared to what you actually flew. With the correct time in hand I then edit the pilot log files to fix it as mentioned above.

Try to enjoy the sim withouth getting anal about minor issues - you seem to not be happy with OFF and constantly try to nit pick - try ROF.

WM

Ignore mode on.

Hi WM

I'm enjoying the sim, but I have never flown CFS3 and I'm fairly new to OFF BHaH. I have no interest in ROF, so that's no alternative. :cool:

So when I run into these "minor issues" I want to know if I'm doing something wrong or if I can correct it myself some how.

If that's not the case I think it's good for the OFF Team to know about it since there are no information about what's going to be improved in P4. And since you don't have some sort of bugg or strange issues list where we can inform you about these things.

Ignore mode on? :blink:

Perhaps is the OFF Team not interested in feedback from their customers? :dunno:

Cheers

vonOben

Hi WM

I'm enjoying the sim, but I have never flown CFS3 and I'm fairly new to OFF BHaH. I have no interest in ROF, so that's no alternative. :cool:

So when I run into these "minor issues" I want to know if I'm doing something wrong or if I can correct it myself some how.

If that's not the case I think it's good for the OFF Team to know about it since there are no information about what's going to be improved in P4. And since you don't have some sort of bugg or strange issues list where we can inform you about these things.

Ignore mode on? :blink:

Perhaps is the OFF Team not interested in feedback from their customers? :dunno:

Cheers

vonOben

imo it's not the fact you are pointing to some issues. it's rather the style of how. like someone in the restaurant who's constantly asking for the waiter to complain about something. too much salt. spoon too big etc. maybe because english is not your native language. if so, i have sometimes the same problem, when it sounds more harsh then i meant. don't know. but it sounds like "why did they sell me this faulty BS. i want my money back". i'm not saying it is that way, but it sounds like that.

if you look at your past threads you've started, it's always some critizism. of course everybody can share opinions and critisize, but if it's constantly just critisism, without anything else, than it might happen like this.

i'm sure the devs know every lack or issue and they are working very hard. :good:

Cheers

vonOben

Speaking as one of their customers, the reason I am such a big fan of OBD Software is because of the tremendous support they have given to this sim. Many of the options added into the Workshop were put there because OBD was responding to customer feedback. Multiple AI aggression levels. Multiple AA skill levels. Different accuracy levels for Main and Rear guns. They even had multiple Damage Models that they were supporting for awhile until it became overly cumbersome to do so. They also made changes to FM of certain planes. Read the patch notes. All of it was in response to customers wanting to tailor their experience to what they felt was most realistic.

It's not that they aren't interested in feedback from their customers. They've already put out numerous patches due to customer feedback to make the best product possible, including the 1.32 Superpatch which is basically a preview of what P4 is going to look like. But there are only a few of them, they are working on P4 in their "spare" time since they all have regular jobs that pay the bills for them and I imagine like any human being, they might get their feathers ruffled once in awhile. OFF is certainly not making them rich, so they aren't doing it for the money. No product is perfect, but they have done better than most.

It has been suggested that you try flying missions without pausing the sim or using the Warp option and then your time will be correct. Have you tried this yet?

Hellshade

vonOben, I may have neglected to tell you that you must also adjust the time in your "PilotXDossier" file, (with 'X' being the number of your pilot). The 12th line down from the top of the file is your total minutes flying. Change this to reflect your actual total flying minutes from all your missions and you will have it Sir, (I have highlighted the line you need to edit in the example below):

Britain

RFC-46

2nd Lieutenant

Testy

McTesterton

Be sure to just enter the numbers with no comma when you exceed 999 minutes. Hope this helps you out.

BTW, they call me MR. Anal Retentive, so I for one have noticed this little glitch since my first days of flying OFF. It seems tied to nothing in particular that I can find and just happens about 20% of the time for me. It however detracts from my enjoyment of this wonderful sim in no way what so ever, and I simply make adjustments based on my own "cockpit watch" and move on.

Now then, waiter, about this fly in my soup...

As the guys say (thanks) since 2005 we have made changes and improvements many times from feedback. We have also asked for feedback often for specific changes.

You can see a little history by looking on our download pages, and clicking on "Release notes" that will give you some idea of the free changes and improvements in Phase 3 BH&H alone, not including HITR or past Phases http://www.overflandersfields.com/ReleaseNotes.htm.

P3 has been out for quite some time now, and as Creaghorn eludes, posting seemingly harsh headings all at once in the forum for some reasonably minor issues doesn't really help us now. Forums often force issues to other forum sections, as a few critical posts suddenly appearing all up the main forum page can put people off when the other greater good things aren't mentioned at all by the poster. It's not what you are asking it's "how" you are asking that does not help.

"Unrealistic OFF environment" to me means you think the whole of the environment is unrealistic? We think the environment is very good better than most sims out there. Yes as always there are the oddities as in all sims, and we are always trying to make it better.

"Flying time still not correct? Can't the OFFManager count time?"

"still not correct" sounds like it was fixed before several times and is still broken. This is not the case. Can't it count? Yes it counts a tremendous amount of data all hidden that you are unaware of. Some things the sim engine reports we cannot always measure easily in P3. We hope we can do more in P4.

Anyway we are aware of many things, but all the major and many minor issues have been tweaked or fixed already. P3 is "done" as we did any important reported issues and are on P4 now. P3 is stable, well featured, and apart from the odd minor issue as good as P3 gets. P4 will be far better and that's where we are concentrating now.

• Like 1

Hi

Cheers

vonOben

my best advice on this matter is this:

NEVER complete any time-based mission objectives. for example: if you're supposed to patrol over a waypoint for 18 minutes, leave after 15. if you're supposed to loiter over an infantry position on an arty spot for 15 minutes, fly back and forth between the two points and don't loiter for more than a minute or so.

the game treats time-based mission objectives like a finish line. once you've crossed that finish line nothing else seems to matter.

people have complained that pilots get promoted too easily-- so my solution was to NEVER finish the assigned patrol times. this way I don't get promoted too hastily... I dont have to manually edit missions (and this is especially frustrating on longer two-seater missions).

another problem is that if your wingmen are all killed-- the game will consider the mission a failure (depending on the mission) and will stop recording time.

if any primary mission objective is either accomplished or considered a complete write-off, the game will stop recording time.

if I feel I've been robbed completely I will go in and manually edit my pilot (logbook and dossier). but since I like to fly two-seaters with longer mission times... I've found it's much easier to simply "fail" to meet all of my objectives this side of staying alive.

maybe because english is not your native language. if so, i have sometimes the same problem, when it sounds more harsh then i meant.

It was not my intention to sound harsh. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll be more careful how I express myself in the future! :sorry:

It has been suggested that you try flying missions without pausing the sim or using the Warp option and then your time will be correct. Have you tried this yet?

I never use Warp but it happens that I use pause. Thanks for pointing it out!

RAF_Louvert

I suspected there was something I had missed!

Since my first mission was much longer than the logged time I got an initial error of about 50 minutes.

Thanks a lot for solving my problem! :good:

You can see a little history by looking on our download pages, and clicking on "Release notes" that will give you some idea of the free changes and improvements in Phase 3 BH&H alone

I'm well aware of the updates but as I wrote earlier "there are no information about what's going to be improved in P4. And since you don't have some sort of bug or strange issues list where we can inform you about these things."

Polovski

"Unrealistic OFF environment"

OK that was badly expressed. As I wrote to Creaghorn I'll be more careful how I express myself in the future! :sorry:

"still not correct"

Here I meant that I had posted about this problem earlier and even if I manually correct the time I still don't get it right. Perhaps I expressed myself badly, but that was what I meant. :wacko:

Can't it count?

I actually wrote: Do I have to make more corrections than in the Pilot**Log.txt or is it the OFF Manager that can't count time properly?

Waldemar Kurtz

Thanks for that info! All this is totally new to me! :good:

I never pay attention to such times as patrol for 18 minutes. I fly between the way points as I'm ordered to and, but I don't care about the time. Perhaps I should?

Thanks guys!

Cheers

vonOben

It was not my intention to sound harsh. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll be more careful how I express myself in the future! :sorry:

I never use Warp but it happens that I use pause. Thanks for pointing it out!

RAF_Louvert

I suspected there was something I had missed!

Since my first mission was much longer than the logged time I got an initial error of about 50 minutes.

Thanks a lot for solving my problem! :good:

I'm well aware of the updates but as I wrote earlier "there are no information about what's going to be improved in P4. And since you don't have some sort of bug or strange issues list where we can inform you about these things."

Polovski

"Unrealistic OFF environment"

OK that was badly expressed. As I wrote to Creaghorn I'll be more careful how I express myself in the future! :sorry:

"still not correct"

Here I meant that I had posted about this problem earlier and even if I manually correct the time I still don't get it right. Perhaps I expressed myself badly, but that was what I meant. :wacko:

Can't it count?

I actually wrote: Do I have to make more corrections than in the Pilot**Log.txt or is it the OFF Manager that can't count time properly?

Waldemar Kurtz

Thanks for that info! All this is totally new to me! :good:

I never pay attention to such times as patrol for 18 minutes. I fly between the way points as I'm ordered to and, but I don't care about the time. Perhaps I should?

Thanks guys!

Cheers

vonOben

i'm pretty sure i had also some posts where i sounded rather unfriendly about this and that although not my intention. but if the people here know what you actually mean and when they know that's not meant unfriendly, then it's no problem. :drinks: . we are mostly gentleman here, and mostly behave like that. so please never hesitate to ask something or point something out. :salute:

Thanks vonOben for the explanation and I understand it was not intended, but due to translation etc. As this is our official forum we just prefer people can take a moment to consider the best introduction to a post so everyone can see things in a clear perspective.

I'd like to put in a good word for vonOben, as well. He has been helping me to test my DM and has been very supportive, even though I am sure he disagrees with some of the things I have been doing, too. I know for a fact that he is never malicious or says anything out of spite. He's just a passionate fan of WWI aviation, as are 99% of the other visitors of this forum.

Carry on...

I'd like to put in a good word for vonOben, as well. I know for a fact that he is never malicious or says anything out of spite. He's just a passionate fan of WWI aviation, as are 99% of the other visitors of this forum.

Carry on...

Thank you for those kind words, sir! :yes:

Cheers

vonOben