Sign in to follow this  
tranquillo

Virtual Drive

Has anyone had any experience of using a virtual drive to run cfs3 to save putting the cd in every time? If so which one did you use?

I'm just thinking that there will come a time when the cd gets scratched and becomes unusable.

Has anyone had any experience of using a virtual drive to run cfs3 to save putting the cd in every time? If so which one did you use?

I'm just thinking that there will come a time when the cd gets scratched and becomes unusable.

I have the CDs, but I used a 3rd party hack of the cfs3.exe that runs without checking the CD. Best option I could do for now. I hate keeping disks in the drive. I did the same thing for Oblivion.

Hellshade

I just went and bought a spare CFS3 from Ebay. Usually less than $15.00, sometimes less than $10.00

Tranquillo,

If you can find it I would recommend getting the Ubisoft DVD version of CFS3 as you only need the disc in the drive to install CFS3, and it comes ready patched to 3.1

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

I thought about trying to get the Ubisoft DVD and may do that to use when I have to uninstall P3 for P4 :grin:.

For now I don't want to uninstall a perfectly working OFF/cfs3.

I must be suffering from deprivation of sunlight since returning from my hols 'cause I've just remembered I've got 2 dvd drives in my pc:fool:.

Problem solved - I can leave the cd in one.

I'm so sorry for wasting your time, drinks all round:drinks:.