Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

I got a question.

So I was reading the "Don't Be This Guy" thread and that got me thinking about a sport I'm looking to get into...Airsoft. For those not familiar with the sport Airsoft is like paintball...but without the paint. The guns look(and I think feel like) real military hardware. The gas blowback guns operate like the real deal too. Some guns use electricity(AEG) to propell their airsoft pellets(BB's) and some use gas(mostly pistols there are some rifles out there but they are hard to find) Airsoft is also more tactical than paintball..no capture the flag the stuff its straight up you have objectives to achieve. As Airsoft is a military based sport opponets dawn gear so they can LOOK the part and play solider. Here are some pics of airsoft guns, and a video(operation Irene is a really good one to look at but for some reason youtube wants you to be eighteen years or older to look at it...don't know why.)

Anyway most(and I want to assume all) airsoft simply wear the uniforms some may have team patches and maybe their name. There is a also a website that sells the U.S Army tag to go on an ACU or you can get the same tag with the name of website on it. A team around here has the rank thing going on but they don't run around saluting each other. They only use the ranking system to show whos been here the longest and who's in charge as far as the whole team goes but that's about it they just called each other by first name.

Now my question is this. For those of you who have served and are serving in the armed forces what do you think about the airsoft sport? Is it a slap in the face?

Here are the pics of the gear used in airsoft matches And here's the link for the website I'm getting all these images from in case you want to do more digging Evike.com

aeg_mtx_m4_03.jpg yup this is an airsoft gun

AEG_JG_AE5651_lg.jpg

AEG_E1_M249_MKII_lg.jpg I want this gun

Vest_GE_V14C_MC_lg.jpg

And a video of a really awesome airsoft course I'm sure most of you seen better (this dudes gun sounds a bit weak to me...I don't think he's using a lypo battery.)

and heres another one

Mock military combat and falsely claiming to be a service veteran are two very different things.

Go out have fun and get a few notches in your man card, then see your local recruiter. :this:

If I knew know what I knew then I'd probably be in the military today. My eyesight didnt cut it for the fighter jets...had I only considered flying the choppers....oh well that's what flight sims are for...and a good airsoft game.

Go out there and enjoy it... must admit when I was still serving we used to go paint balling and we had a good laugh because it was a good way to release stress etc... just remember thats all it is Fun... there are unfortunately some people out there who take it way too seriously... Good look and as I said have fun doing it.

As with any "sport" there are people who take things way too seriously, the "winning is the only thing" mentality that simply doesn't apply unless your life is on the line.

This thing has been done in one form or another forever, including Laser Tag and cap guns for kids playing cowboys and indians in the past.

However, I can't imagine spending as much on some of those airsoft guns as they cost. Very pricey.

I got an AccuShot MP5 with select fire. Very fun to shoot and shred targets with. If cost is no worry for you check out classic army site (http://www.classicarmy.com/). You can mod these guns like the real thing from putting metal gears to better inner barrels. I always want the steel version of the SLR105 A1 Tactical (http://www.classicarmy.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_37&products_id=160)they got. You see prices at 0 because they don't directly sell these. Use the distributor link on their site to find a store near you. If you want an WW2 airsoft gun, go to www.wwiiguns.com, again very expensive and they also sell non firing models and cap guns.

Falcon

I got an AccuShot MP5 with select fire. Very fun to shoot and shred targets with. If cost is no worry for you check out classic army site (http://www.classicarmy.com/). You can mod these guns like the real thing from putting metal gears to better inner barrels. I always want the steel version of the SLR105 A1 Tactical (http://www.classicar...products_id=160)they got. You see prices at 0 because they don't directly sell these. Use the distributor link on their site to find a store near you. If you want an WW2 airsoft gun, go to www.wwiiguns.com, again very expensive and they also sell non firing models and cap guns.

Falcon

That's a nice gun.:good:

That MP5 is fun although the select fire gear slipped. I can't find anybody that fixes AccuShot airsoft. Eh, maybe I could get that SLR...

Falcon

That MP5 is fun although the select fire gear slipped. I can't find anybody that fixes AccuShot airsoft. Eh, maybe I could get that SLR...

Falcon

That SLR does look pretty cool....wouldn't be to bad.

Do you know anything about the SCAR rifles? Are they good are they bad?

AEG_E1_JP50_MB_lg.jpg

That SLR does look pretty cool....wouldn't be to bad.

Do you know anything about the SCAR rifles? Are they good are they bad?

AEG_E1_JP50_MB_lg.jpg

Can't tell ya dude. I mainly target shoot real firearms nowadays:)

Falcon