Hello,

I have experienced problems with the patched version of WOI.

I have applied the 2008 patch to the ORIGINAL version. And have then tried to paste back the folders that I have updated/ modded and it will not work.

Which are the core folders that you should not replace for the patched game to work properly?

I have made so many changes in many folders example 'objects' and 'effects' it is far easy to paste back whole folders.

I hope you can help!!!

TOM

Afraid it doesnt work like that - you should be working at the file level - only put in files you have modded ini/bmp/jpg etc.

If you have just copied folders in and overwritten actual Game files (dll/cat) with old ones its finished - you need to reinstall.

Suggest you save the folders with the mods in it somewhere.

Once reinstalled carefully move back in modded files only - 1 at a time if possible and test regularly because you may still get problems doing this - basically - in the new version of the game the ini files will have been changed by 3rdWire from previous versions - sometimes you need to extract the new ini file and make changes to that to get it working properly.

Thanks very much for your reply,,,,will give it a try and see what happens.

Will apprecite if you can answer more queries in the near future! Keep a look out!

Many thanks!

TOM

Hi,,,I did as you said and it all seems to be fine,,,,except for 1 thing. Now I can see all targets and objects listed everywhere in all views on the sceen for example 'cowboy 13' etc and 'AAA battery',,,,,any advice on that?

thanks,,

TOM

Afraid it doesnt work like that - you should be working at the file level - only put in files you have modded ini/bmp/jpg etc.

If you have just copied folders in and overwritten actual Game files (dll/cat) with old ones its finished - you need to reinstall.

Suggest you save the folders with the mods in it somewhere.

Once reinstalled carefully move back in modded files only - 1 at a time if possible and test regularly because you may still get problems doing this - basically - in the new version of the game the ini files will have been changed by 3rdWire from previous versions - sometimes you need to extract the new ini file and make changes to that to get it working properly.

Do you mean everything has a labels on it or something?

What level are you playing on in the options? - try setting the HUD to normal or something higher.

Hi ,,thanks,,,just getting to grips with this new version,,,,yes you were right setting the HUD to normal has cured my triple vision!

Thanks for being patient and answering my simple questions,

Many thanks!

TOM

Do you mean everything has a labels on it or something?

What level are you playing on in the options? - try setting the HUD to normal or something higher.