Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

About that movie Kick Ass

The movie was okay but I was blown away by the little girl going around killing dudes. Head shots here and there...stabbing guys in the heart and then blowing their heads off. I wasnt expecting that and it was awesome. They should''ve showed the beat down the bullies got too.

Anyway all in all ir was an okay movie.

And almost forgot almost died laughing when both the nerds were fighting and knocked each other out.

I thought it was terrific. I had a great time watching it. It was nothing like what I expected.

I thought it was terrific. I had a great time watching it. It was nothing like what I expected.

We were talking about that at work today. My boss was shocked when the girl was telling her dad what she wanted for her birthday and then told him what she really wanted. He told me he did not expect her to say what she said.(sorry I think I gave away enough of the movie already)

I wouldn't mind seeing a sequal to that though.

We were talking about that at work today. My boss was shocked when the girl was telling her dad what she wanted for her birthday and then told him what she really wanted. He told me he did not expect her to say what she said.(sorry I think I gave away enough of the movie already)

I wouldn't mind seeing a sequal to that though.

There will be a sequal. The ending pretty much hinted to that in a big way.

There will be a sequal. The ending pretty much hinted to that in a big way.

You're right it did...Hmm which reminds me of the movie District 9 the alien dude says he'll return in three years...I'm desperatly waiting for a sequal to that one too.

Edited by Skyviper

Well, a sequel depends on how well a film does. If it doesn't live up to expectations, you get nothing. For instance, The Chronicles of Riddick was meant to be concluded in a 3rd film, but it didn't make enough so Universal dropped that idea over 5 years ago.

Of course, Twohy has made some noise about getting the 3rd film made, but it sounds more like an attempt to repeat the 1st film than continue on from the 2nd. Hard to say though as production has yet to even be scheduled.

I just saw this movie last night at home, and I must say... AWESOME!!! It's so good that I think it really will have a sequel featuring all three remaining characters - in fact, according to the usual fad, I'm even thinking trilogy. But I think the next one would probably be about Red Mist - since it's normal for trilogies to be made these days and since there are three characters, the bad guy would have to be the focus of the second movie (as pretty much indicated by the movie's finishing line). The last of the three movies would ofc be mostly about Hit Girl, where the thesis (Kick-Ass) meets anti-thesis in round two (Red Mist) and forms the synthesis - Good finally prevailing over Evil in the third movie, about the last character needed to be focused on - Hit Girl.

Well, a sequel depends on how well a film does. If it doesn't live up to expectations, you get nothing. For instance, The Chronicles of Riddick was meant to be concluded in a 3rd film, but it didn't make enough so Universal dropped that idea over 5 years ago.

Of course, Twohy has made some noise about getting the 3rd film made, but it sounds more like an attempt to repeat the 1st film than continue on from the 2nd. Hard to say though as production has yet to even be scheduled.

I see your point here...which is a little disturbing becasue I've seen sequels to movies that sucked the first time...can't think of any right now.

Edited by Skyviper

I just saw this movie last night at home, and I must say... AWESOME!!! It's so good that I think it really will have a sequel featuring all three remaining characters - in fact, according to the usual fad, I'm even thinking trilogy. But I think the next one would probably be about Red Mist - since it's normal for trilogies to be made these days and since there are three characters, the bad guy would have to be the focus of the second movie (as pretty much indicated by the movie's finishing line). The last of the three movies would ofc be mostly about Hit Girl, where the thesis (Kick-Ass) meets anti-thesis in round two (Red Mist) and forms the synthesis - Good finally prevailing over Evil in the third movie, about the last character needed to be focused on - Hit Girl.

I hope it works out that way...provided that they don't get stupid with the sequel.

I hope it works out that way...provided that they don't get stupid with the sequel.

Like Crapformer: Revenge of the Fail

Like Crapformer: Revenge of the Fail

It gets better - Bay stated that the third movie will have 3D  :yikes:

Having grown up in the 80's I'm a fan of the 1st gen and just have to accept that except for Peter Cullen's voice, the movies have nothing to do with anything that came before except some names. They're ridiculous movies at that but for all the transforming madness, I still go see them. Can't wait for the new GIJOE movie though...  :good:

I don't know, I felt the GI Joe flick had less to do with the old cartoons than Transformers did, not that I think the 2nd film was great or anything. However, I do have both of those on Bluray while GI Joe was just a rental!

Maybe the casting of the bad guys just left me flat. Oh, and half the good guys. Not bad actors, I just didn't think I was watching the characters I knew. Transformers bypassed a lot of that by creating new characters other than the major Autobots and Decepticons, whose characters were pretty spot-on.

It gets better - Bay stated that the third movie will have 3D  :yikes:

Well, the reason why most of the movies are going 3D is to curb piracy. You can't get good quality off of a 3D movie if you're recordig it with a camcorder or worse yet... your cell phone. So if the quality is obviously going to be crappy as hell since it's a 3D movie, nobody is going to waste their time and money in buying a bootleg copy taken from the theaters. However, I have faith that technology will advance again in favor of the general public where you can record a 3D image on a camcorder or cell phone. It's just a matter of time.

Yes and no. They are making 3d camcorders, yes...which will be able to record REAL things in 3D. There's just no way to film a 3d movie and make it playback. You'd have to sync the camera precisely with the film for one thing, have it flicker at 24fps or whatever they use...no, that won't happen.

The problem is the stupid studios jumping on the 3D bandwagon with conversions that don't work and films that don't need it. Jackass 3D? Really? Why not The Horse Whisperer or Munich in 3D?

They should leave 3D for the action-oriented films alone, but even then it won't always work.

Yes and no. They are making 3d camcorders, yes...which will be able to record REAL things in 3D. There's just no way to film a 3d movie and make it playback. You'd have to sync the camera precisely with the film for one thing, have it flicker at 24fps or whatever they use...no, that won't happen.

The problem is the stupid studios jumping on the 3D bandwagon with conversions that don't work and films that don't need it. Jackass 3D? Really? Why not The Horse Whisperer or Munich in 3D?

They should leave 3D for the action-oriented films alone, but even then it won't always work.

Ok, that big hand popping out for the high five in Jackass 3D has got to be funny to see with those glasses on. :lol:

Transformers bypassed a lot of that by creating new characters other than the major Autobots and Decepticons, whose characters were pretty spot-on.

Erm, you must be referring to some other version of said major Autobots and Decepticons, because save for Optimus Prime, they hardly "feel like" their G1 (Generation 1) versions. Ironhide, Ratchet, Bumblebee and Starscream speak american english and not british english - and Starscream's the one most missing his characteristic voice. Voice goes a long way to bring them into character. And I'd much have preferred seeing a robot gestalt Devastator rather than that giant quadruped vacuum-cleaner. Oh well. But rest assured, I'll watch the third one anyways. As for the GIJOE movie, I think although the characters weren't exactly like the originals (as much as the original Joes were mostly american whilst this is a multi-national force), it gives an overall better portrayal of a serious super fighting team, unlike the Transformers movie, which looses all the "coolness" due to the moronic humor Bay brings to the Witwicky character - the only improvement over G1 Bay did was probably the Wheelie character, but then again, for me G1 stops at the animation movie - it and what came after it is just puke material...

I don't recall any Brits in the original Transformers except for Wreck-Gar, and he wasn't G1 anyway. The voices weren't the same, but they were good enough considering how little they said. Other than Prime and Megatron most lines went to new characters. Considering how little screentime any of them had that wasn't fighting, as opposed to the cartoons that spent all their time with them (because in animation it's the same cost to do robots or people while in a live action film the robots cost big $$ every shot you see) it doesn't surprise me you don't see much characterization.

As for Starscream aka Cobra Commander, the actor, Chris Latta, died over 15 years ago. I just don't know who else could've done that voice. The guy who does it now, including in the films, was actually in the original GI Joe as well, playing Low Light, and in the original Transformers, playing Silverbolt, so at least he has some pedigree.

I'm just waiting for someone to bring up how hollywood messed up Dragon Ball Z No I didnt watch the movie...it sounded like it would be way off from the actual show(I like the show but I'm not an uber fan like my friend is I still get people confused...I stopped watching it because I got tired of one fight, even though it was cool, taking twenty episodes to finish)

Then again during that time frame Gundamn Wing was my thing...it would be cool if they did a live action gundamn wing too...but then again they might mess that up too.

I don't recall any Brits in the original Transformers except for Wreck-Gar, and he wasn't G1 anyway. The voices weren't the same, but they were good enough considering how little they said. Other than Prime and Megatron most lines went to new characters. Considering how little screentime any of them had that wasn't fighting, as opposed to the cartoons that spent all their time with them (because in animation it's the same cost to do robots or people while in a live action film the robots cost big $ every shot you see) it doesn't surprise me you don't see much characterization.

As for Starscream aka Cobra Commander, the actor, Chris Latta, died over 15 years ago. I just don't know who else could've done that voice.  The guy who does it now, including in the films, was actually in the original GI Joe as well, playing Low Light, and in the original Transformers, playing Silverbolt, so at least he has some pedigree.

Yeah, Chris Latta was a great loss indeed... Maybe they could've asked some other voice impersonator to do Chris Latta's voice... oh well...  As for british-sounding G1's - you forgot about Perceptor. In any case I think they should have had american-sounding TFs in the movie, since they're american cars as well - if it were to be ironic Bumblebee should be an american car but speaking german-accented english!  :grin:

When Bumblebee became a Camaro instead of a Beetle that went out the window! I guess he could've sound like he had a Quebecois accent, though...