Sign in to follow this  

Could the P-51D included in SF2I:E1 be modified into a Cavalier F-51D for use in SF2V by somebody? It would be much appreciated to have a time appropriate Mustang in just basic SEA camo without markings for just cruising or black ops over Vietnam.

post-62038-024673500 1281835749_thumb.jpg

I think not really.

cause there is no way to get the source file of the stock P-51D.

But it can be tried with the fake pilot method.

Edited by Soulfreak

needed: multilayered templates for TK 'stang

needed: correct or semi-correct shape for tip tanks

needed: time to figure out exact placement; using them via the 'fake pilot' method would be the best

then, you just need to add the new fuel tanks to the data ini, with correct weights and such. Figure out how it' effects the flight model, and off you go

wrench

kevin stein

Also, it looks like the vertical stab is different than the standard P-51D.

FC

Also, it looks like the vertical stab is different than the standard P-51D.

FC

Yeah this one was obviously the "tall tail" Mustang, although AFAIK Cavalier Mustangs were regular D-25's but you never know with prototypes...

From one of my books I have read that the taller tail is just a bolted on extension. If you look closely at the pic the rudder don't appear to be bigger. Just the vertical stabilizer

From one of my books I have read that the taller tail is just a bolted on extension. If you look closely at the pic the rudder don't appear to be bigger. Just the vertical stabilizer

That's a lot more complicated than I thought. I don't know anything about modding SF2, so... Anyways, on the issue of the tail, it was indeed that of a later F-51H.

Why don't just add the tanks as droptanks (I can remember there was a line to make droptanks not "droppable" - somehow that sounds silly...)? :dntknw:

Whoops, I'm getting confused. The F-51H wasn't the Cavalier F-51D.

Okay, tip tanks and the taller tail seem to be the only external differences between a P-51D and the Cavalier Mustangs.

FC

Haha I was reading it twice and still didn't get it. It even made sense Cavaliers were H versions as those were UBER fast, but wherever I've read it said - converted D-25...