Skyray - CA.jpg

Skyray - AlphaSim

Skyray - AS.jpg

Skyray Pit - CombatAce

Skyray Pit - CA.jpg

Skyray Pit - AlphaSim

Skyray Pit - AS.jpg

FC

Me I am sticking to the Combatace versions... I am not a big fan of the Alphasim stuff to be honest the detail is lacking in my humble opinion that is... as FC's Pictures show... Especially as well for a Payware company when you compare what they have produced to Razbams models...

But it is nice of them to give them for free...

Edited by Slartibartfast

Yeah' its funny, you know I had to install them just to see what they would be like comming from a payware group, but after one flight, I deleted them. It is a wonderfull gesture though and perhaps the begining of a series of offerings. Thanks Alphasim for the free stuff and THANKS Combat Ace modders for our community's free stuff! I recently reinstalled Lock On and FS9 to see how my spiffy new rig would handle the games maxed out graphicaly....... so won't be playing that. Not worth splitting my simming time. Thirdwire simming has improved immensly and our modders are some of the best in the simming world. No offense to Alphasim but our freeware is just on another level. The more free options the better but I love my CombatAce! :air_kiss:

Looking at the Alphasim Skyray: it is without any distance lods, without any damage overlays. cockpit and skin folders are a mess. Cockpit textures look nice, but that is all. Not worth paying for it in the past.

In all fairness to the guys at alphasim these are fairly old models. Theyve been releasing their older birds to the microsoft world for some time now, wasn't aware theyde opened up into TW games though.

Craig

In all fairness to the guys at alphasim these are fairly old models.

thumbs.gif

thumbs.gif

Hellyea all contributions are wellcome, especially for the Cold War. I find this F4D cockpit intriguing as it sports a simple style one-piece airspeed indicator, thus making it useful for conversion to same era Soviet panels.

Combatace versions look better if you ask me...They are sharper and artistic effect is better.

That CF-101B cockpit looks fabulous !

Edited by UllyB

Does anyone know a website (except www.airliners.net) where I can find some quality MIG-23 pictures, please ? (if they are at least 1280x1024, the better) . I saw a few sites but they exhibited pics under 1024x768.