Sign in to follow this  
Top_Gun

Spokane via Roads package

Took off from Spokane and headed East for a short time before heading back to Fairchild AFB. I opened up MS Streets which is like Map Quest and I was pretty impressed.

The night liting was really cool

Dawn departure

1-departing%20Spokane.jpg

Felts Field

2-Felts%20Field.jpg

over Spokane

3-over%20city.jpg

I90 heading to Fairchild

6-I90.jpg

South of Spokane

7-South%20of%20Spokane.jpg

I-195

8-195%20North.jpg

Spokane Airport from FL100

9-Spokane%20Airport.jpg

Fairchild AFB with AI taking active

10-Fairchild%20AFB.jpg

11-%20Fairchild.jpg

I didn't take any stock pics so I would be curious if someone could post theirs with out the roads addon.

I noticed when I was flying out of Pease where I'm from the new roads don't use the bridges that MS put in, but in the wrong places

hey TopGun, I saw somewhere that there is an update for that addon, USRoads. I guess is makes the roads look more realistic, instead of standing out so much like they do now. I think it looks a lot better, at least in the screenshots I've seen. check avsim.com or flightsim.com for it.

The update is on the the Flight1.com's website. It's installed when taking the shots above. I still might need to tweek it, I believe I can tone it down a bit.

I'll double check, I was in a rush as it was around 1am :rolleyes:

Wow, that looks much better. I can actually pick out all the real roads! I live about 2 miles south of Felts, and the area looks very realistic.

Hmmm...

Now I guess I'll have to get this. Can you get it on disc or is it just a down load?

Now to find Sprague Ave. ;)

That's easy, 2 block south of my house. ;) You familiar with the area?

That's easy, 2 block south of my house.  You familiar with the area?

MJ, used to deploy to Fairchild for Woodland Cougar Exercises. My crew and I used to go to town on liberty. Sprague was a street that we used as a landmark. One day I'm going to go back with my wife and really enjoy Spokane.

Top Gun,

I just saw the Roads package is being released on disc, sometime this month it appears. I'll have to find the link again, it was one of flightsims sponsers. Get back with it soon.