Sign in to follow this  
Almaleki

MIG-23 4.5th Generation Fighter Project

Hello!

i got the Libyan MiG-23MS from the website column5 ..

i already have the Su-35BM

I like the MiG-23 design .. so my project targets :

1- Research the BEST and fastest Engine (working on Single Engine jet like the MiG-23) and use it on the Jet ... for now i put the F-16D F110-GE-100 Engine and it goes like 520 Knots in 100% AB on straight line .. is there any better choice ??

2- Better (Not Jamming) Fixed Gun .. i use the 30MM_NR30 for now .. it is used on the MiG-19 and was a great Gun in dogfights in 60s .. i put Max Ammo 9999 if it is more the Gun dont work ?

3-Better Loadout origin ,, now the jet can use those orgins :

USAF,ISRAEL,NATO,SOVIET,FRANCE,USN,UK,WP,IRAQ,EGYPT

and the use of better types of missiles :

IRM,2IR,RP,BOMB,2BR,AHM,TER,ARM,EOGR,LGB,EOGB

The jet can put the new types of missiles and ammo on it ,,

4- Better Avionics ... which can operate the High-tech Guided Missiles and bombs .. like the Maverick and the Hellfire and the AIM-120 and R77 (see no.3 note)

well what i done was that i first Changed the "Detect System" lines in The data ini to the SU-35BM radar which is my avionics "Target" :

[DetectSystem]

RadarName=Irbis N-035

RadarType=AIR_INTERCEPT

RangeUnit=KM

DopplerLookdown=True

RadarAzimuthLimit=90

RadarElevationLimit=60

RadarSearchTime=1.0

RadarSearchRange=250

RadarSearchStrength=250

RadarTrackTime=1.0

RadarTrackRange=200

RadarTrackStrength=250

VisualBlindArc=5,6,7

VisualRestrictedArc=4L,8L

MaxVisibleDistance=8400.0

HasRWR=TRUE

RCSModifier=0.6

then i changed the whole Cockpit and Avionics ini files with the ones in the SU-35BM .. and then used the "cockpit" file in the su-35bm to the MiG-23 file .. i changed the Time of the Mission Data to 1990 to 2020

BUT even with the missiles and everything is onboard and the cockpit inside looks just like the SU-35BM cockpit ... i can not use the AIM-120 .. because i can not change my radar to "AIR COMBAT" mode niether TWS ..

there is a problem !

5- Better loadout numbers .... thought that the russians would think about it but lets do some Brainstorming .. is there anywhere we can put new missile\bomb pylons ?

6- Counter measures .. in Modern combat a jet with no counter measures can be easily targeted in some situations .. Flare and chaff and ECM onboard would be useful .. if we cant put ECM onboard we will think about ECM external pods then ..

7-any other ideas would be useful ..

THX For the original Designers of the Mig-23 :

Model: Rafael , updates BPAo

Cockpit: Armourdave, Sal

Skins:

Polish Camo = Gramps

Libyan Camo = Gramps

Soviet Green Camo = Phantuam

Soviet Grey = Marcello

Soviet Red/Tan Camo = Marcello

Flight Model: column5

Pilot: Pasko

Testing, etc: USAFMTL, Crab_02, Sony Tuckson

Thanks to: Howling1

and the SU-35 designers who i cant find there names ..

anyways .. do you think that choosing the SU-35BM is a good idea ?? why not going with the american model in F-15SE or F-16 BLK60 ?

cheers !

sounds like something that belongs in Ace Combat. You'll probably WANT to stick to Soviet/WarPact weapons and such, to try and maintain some level of believability (engine off the Mig-29, perhaps as opposed to a western one)

wrench

kevin stein

sounds like something that belongs in Ace Combat. You'll probably WANT to stick to Soviet/WarPact weapons and such, to try and maintain some level of believability (engine off the Mig-29, perhaps as opposed to a western one)

wrench

kevin stein

sounds like something that belongs in Ace Combat ??

I didn't understand that :)

when u say i WANT .. u mean my wish .. my wish is then American if it is a preferable .. i will try to use the AA family ..

and u also mean i must use soviet not Russian Engines ?? and i thought if it have twin engine like the mig-29 then the engine would be less better on the one engine jets ?? or that is wrong believe ??

cheers

What about the avionics problem ?

Sorry, I'm not a good weapons ini guy...

ml

as to weapons and avionics it would be possible to incorperate those into a Mig-23. Isrealis have been doing it with -21's for some time now and the iranians have come up with all sort of crazy combos to keep their american birds going. as to the engines perhaps a turbofan from a -29 but if i recall from the book Red Eagles the original -23 could out accelerate anything we had including the Eagle and Tomcat. so maybe just a really good overhaul on the engines. for a gen 4.5 upgrade i would focus on it being a BVR platform or primarily an attack bird. its basic shape wont allow for stealth and its a bit long in the tooth to be tangling with fresh built 4th and 5th gen fighters. but there is some possibilities for an upgrade, even bringing it to NATO standards.

@ almaeki the ace combat bit means some of the things you want to do with this plane while achievable in the ini edits will make it more of an arcade game than a semi realistic flight sim. most of us in here like a little bit of realism in the sim. nothing personal just most of our preference

Ok ..

then the MiG-23 cant be stealth

i better stick with it is first engine ..

but if u read my note 4 is my biggest problem

I use the Iran-Iraq War ,,, and it is not easy to deal with F-14s with Heat Seaking ..

so i decided to use -29s ,,, that are not included in Campagin files but it in the real was used in War after 1986 ,, so i made some changes and i can fly it after 1985 ... but it would be useful if the MiG-23 is better ..

we all want realistic Game .. not like AC series when u get to ur jey with 120 missiles ..

cheers

as for the better avionics many companies round the world do avionics upgrades on the MiG-21. for your what if here why not have Isreali Aircraft Industries upgrade with a western radar of your choice and make the avionics NATO compatable? its your world just dont do nothing crazy like putting AESA in there:grin:

well ..

for first i would rather discuss with the devil rather than "israel"

AND do u remember we are talkin about a game ??

heh ..

well ... what kind an avionics\cockpit i must choose now ?

THX

• Dislike 1

about engine - AL-31F, because it's RL posible. an jan 2008 Mig-27 updated with AL-31F succesfully tested/...

N-035 cannot be used at anyway, because it's too big for mig-23 nose cone...

Moskit radar id good solution (used on mig-23-98 abandoned project)

http://combatace.com/files/file/6655-mig-23-98/

for LGB/LGR you can use Laser pod, it's also possible in RL

EOGR integration also possible in RL but required cabine rework (need place for TV display (MFD))

Edited by lindr2

The MiG-29 radars should also fit into the nose of the MiG-23.

THX ,, i will see these suggestions .. BUT THANKS! still the avionics thing but someone suggested to come to help .. cheers

Almaleki, did you take a look into the data.ini at the maximum speeds and Mach numbers? Seem to remember they were very much at the low side in some original Floggers...... (easy to tweak)