Sign in to follow this  
Bulldog

Guess I spoke too soon

As previously mentioned in the other thread I dug up, using Wrench's method to set up the decals folder in FE2 worked like a charm for the majority of the planes...but I did come up with a couple that are perplexing me. The first is the skins I'm using with the Strutter (the 512 res versions of the 43 Sq plus "8260 HornblowerCock"). None of the serial numbers show up (didn't when I reinstalled the hi-res skin that came with the Strutter either). Since I am getting everything else I believe I have it all set up right (double checked the decal.ini as well) . Same goes for Quack's 202Sq skin for the DH-4. Wondering if I'm missing something here.

post-9501-046164200 1282080849.jpg

post-9501-024442800 1282080905.jpg

Hmmm. Make sure the Decal.ini Text all have the correct path names. And check to see what the DecalMaxLOD is set to. I've had to set all mine to =4. The distance that decals appear is a bit more sensitive with FE2 I've noticed.

[Decal002]

MeshName=WingTop_TL

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=TOP

FilenameFormat=DH-4/No 202 Sqdn/D/INSIGNIA <-------- Here

Position=-5.15,0.1

Scale=1.6

DecalMaxLOD=4 <---------- And here

Make sure the correct Decal folder is in the main /Objects /Decals/ DH-4/ No 202 Sqn/ D/

I did have a problem with my No.202 Sqn DH-4 custom skin N5779 (with the blk profile on the tail fin. That profile decal wasnt showing up when I changed from FE1 to FE2. Something did have to be changed. I'm pretty sure it was the DecalMaxLOD.

Thats all I can think of. :dntknw:

I can't help just yet. I'm still having a problem just adding the planes themselves to my new W7 64 bit system.

The xition is taking much longer than I thought.

The sn did work in FE2 in XP Pro SP3 32 bit.

I'm glad you are using the Strutters though,at least I can see them on your screenies!

Yup Quack, all I had to do is change the DecalMaxLOD to 4 and they show up! Same with the the Strutter skins too Sinbad. All of them were set at 1. I knew it had to be something simple.

Thanks to both of you for the response, and for all the work you've done to make the FE experience more fun!

I can't yet load aircraft into FE2 on Windows 7 64 bit either!!

Having a real problem!!

On verge of giving up. i just don't have the time to keep trying, it eats into my flying time.