Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Some more pics of Austrian-Italian Campaign

Since it has bee quiet around here lately I figured I would show some more pics of my Austria-Italy ( Battle of Caporetto) campaign. Still A few more things to Iron out. But there will be a hand full of aces you'll encounter with the correct skins too. The campaign uses Gepard's Vogesen terrain with Jan Tuma's visual upgrade. Absolutely beautiful! The seasonal changes in the mountains is stunning. I love using this campaign. Note I've also been placing ground forces along the front. And adding more things around balloon bases and airfields. I've been adding these objects directly into the Vogesen_Targets.ini. so they will always be there.

I think the hardest part is going to be doing all the readme files for installing this campaign. There are sooo many custom aircraft and skins, terrain alterations, new Nations.ini for a new Italian Insignia (green outer roundel), and ground objects ( all from Geo's site which I'll include in a readme). Everything I have installed I will try to include to make it a great looking campaign for you all. But I cant add certain files for all the planes. Like .LOD (3D mesh) files. Because they are from a different company (Skunkworks). So I can only include the aircraft folders with the .bmp's and .tga's but no guts. So it's going to make for a confusing download I'm afraid. But my line is always open. Ask and I'll help you through it. It is well worth it.

You are spending a lot of time very well!

A handful of Hanriot HD-1 aces and added airfield objects:

The first pick is Capt William (Billy) Barker with No.28 Squadron and the second pic is of No.139 Squadron F2b's. I'm going to leave out the 139 Sqn planes because the Squadron wasnt formed until the summer of 1918. And Barkers Camel in 139 Sqn was the only one. But take note of the populated airfields.

There are a couple of skins that were done by others. Their credits will be in the readme files.

Edited by quack74

Great work Quack, you have certainly outdone yourself this time.

Keep up the great work.

VonTobler

Thank you all very much. This campaign is quite amazing. I cant seem to finish it because I end up messing with more .INI files and skins. I've added soo many objects to the Vogesen terrain. All balloon positions have multiple objects around and so do all the AAA positions. Troops, trucks, wagons, barrels, etc, etc. The airfields are very populated now with trucks (Red Cross trucks and wagons too). I even messed with the WWI_Airfield1.ini in the Vogesen terrain to put some parked aircraft on the other side of the airfields.

The southern front in the Vogesen terrain has all the action. Huge active battlefield. Lots of guns, troops, trucks, AAA, Wagons, etc,etc. I'll have to include 2 Vogesen_Targets.ini's. One with very dense object placement and one not so dense. It does eatup the framrates on lesser PC's. Mine is boarderline.

It is incredible to fly over the mountains with an Austrian Flik studded with aces, only to be jumped by SPAD7's of Squadriglia 77a or Hanriot HD-1's of Squadriglia 85a also full of ace skins. All the correct names appear when you lock on to a target. You just might be jumped by Flik41J being led by Godwin Brumowski's red D.IIIOef. Or his wing man Frank Linke-Crawford, all the while you are trying to knock the Italian bombers out of the sky.

It's really good stuff.

I included the French squadron of N561 equiped with the Nieuport 24bis's. Their job was to protect the southern most edge of the front around Venice. If any of you know of N561, there where multiple custom markings on the their fuselage sides. Google French N561 in Italy.

It's going to be so hard to package this campaign. So many files.

This might sound dumb, but does it come with the castle, soldiers, cars and horses and all that? It's really amazing.

Well Spad13, the castles are a part of the Vogesen terrain made by Gepard. The terrain upgrade was made by Jan Tuma. And all those other ground objects are mostly stock. But the "Troops" and wagons are from Geo's objects site. I'm going to post this campaign very soon. All the info will be in the readme files. It's being beta tested now.