Sign in to follow this  
VFC_Baxter

Adding the MOS - N to FE2

I am not sure how to successfully add planes to my FE2 installation. The installation text says the following but I dont have a SOUNDLIST.INI. I also do not have a weapons folder. I did know to copy the aircraft to C:\My Documents\Thirdwire\FirstEagles2\Objects\Aircraft folder so I can play with it but not to its full potential. Can someone please point me in the right directin here. I didnt think we had to unlock the CAT files any more with version 2 of FE.

Unrar the MOS-N.rar to a temp folder

Copy the “moraneN” folder and its contents to your Thirdwire\WWI\Objects\Aircraft\ (your path may differ)

Copy all the files under the Sounds folder to the Thirdwire\WWI\Sounds folder

Open your SOUNDLIST.INI (Thirdwire\WWI\Flight folder) int a text editor and add at the bottom

[hotchkiss]

Priority=NORMAL

Looped=TRUE

NumBuffers=4

3DSound=TRUE

DopplerEffect=FALSE

MaxDist=1000.000000

MinDist=50.000000

InsideConeAngle=360

OutsideConeAngle=360

ConeOutsideVolume=0

[lerhone]

Priority=LOW

3DSound=TRUE

DopplerEffect=TRUE

Looped=TRUE

NumBuffers=4

FrequencyControl=TRUE

MaxDist=1500.000000

MinDist=100.000000

InsideConeAngle=360

OutsideConeAngle=360

ConeOutsideVolume=0

Copy all files under the Weapons folder to the Thirdwire\WWI\Objects\Weapons folder.

IMPORTANT NOTE, I’ve included my weapondata.ini and my weapondata.dat for ease, It should contain all the available munitions to date + the streamer for the Morane, If you have added your own things to your weapons folder do not copy my weapondata files to your weapons folder, rather add the streamer_red.LOD info to your files in the established way.Copy the “moraneN” folder and its contents to your Thirdwire\WWI\Objects\Aircraft\ (your path may differ)

Copy all the files under the Sounds folder to the ThirdWire\WWI\Objects\Aircraft Sounds folder

I am struggling with adding AC and mods to FE2 (and FE exp pack) to my new W7 64 system, so I cannot totally resolve this problem, and I'm reluctant to make suggestions until I have a good grip on my own problems. I can point out that there are significant differences for FE2 which are not reflected in the installation instructions for AC and other mods released before FE2. In addition there are differences between W7 (which was the OS for which FE2 was compiled) and XP Pro. You can run FE2 on XP Pro Sp3 - I did that after a little fiddling with my old system.

There are several strings which address these issues. Try a search for "FE2 mods". Meanwhile go to

http://combatace.com/topic/56427-need-help-installing-first-eagles-2-mods/page__p__417504__hl__fe2+mods__fromsearch__1#entry417504

What OS are you using?

Thank you Sinbad :salute: . This sim might be a modders paradise but it is certainly not user friendly ..... still, what sim is? For WWII I use Wings of Prey and the installation of that one was not smooth either! I bought Rise of Flight a couple of weeks ago and am feeling my way around in that one. Do you use that too?

Sorry, I forgot to mention I use XP. Never moved to Vista and wont get a new OS till I upgrade.

Thanks for the follow up.

I DK about Vista, but W 7 64 is proving problematic for me.